The Class of 2025 -- Sharing, Venting, Discussing! MT

Oh sure it is never too late to hear insights, I’ll message you, thanks!

1 Like

Since there is no “wrong choice” - gotta love that and a good position to be in - Can the financials make your decision for him/you? IF not, I suggest throwing darts and going with the one that sticks. Interesting that the Waitlist ones are no longer in play. Very introspective decision making for your son. Love it. Anyhoo, he truly will bloom where he is planted in this case. Good luck… One more day. Cutting it close. Decision Day is Tomorrow, no…? Or wait… It’s Saturday so maybe they extend to Sunday? Hmmmm… I’m trying to think what my son did last year. I know it was down to the wire. All I remember is the sigh of relief when he clicked that accept button. :wink:

Great to have so many options and I love your decision making process. We did something similar for my non-artist S and it proved to be quite helpful resulting in a tremendous four yrs.

Anyone heard anything about Ithaca waitlist? My daughter reminded me last night that she is still on the waitlist and interested. (insert fainting emoji here).

oh noooooo!!! sounds like she wants to stay on it even after may 1? i haven’t heard a peep…or maybe heard of one person moving off of it. otherwise nada. same as syracuse. no movement that i know of. good luck!!!

Yes. Most people that I have heard of that came off of the Ithaca waitlist in years past were well past May 1. Hopefully she will be so excited about her current choice that it won’t be an issue! I’m just ready to put down the deposit and have a drink:)

1 Like

yessss!! seeing her commit to wagner was a beautiful thing!! and seeing the charge on my credit card sealed the deal!! now she has been able to focus on meeting her new classmates etc

3 Likes

Yay for Wagner and your girl feeling great! I stand corrected on the Ithaca waitlist-my daughter just texted me that the waitlist is moving today. So she wants to wait until tomorrow to commit…and so it goes.

1 Like

ohhhh!!! honestly you couldn’t design a more dramatic reality show than this!! can’t wait to hear.

1 Like

Ithaca just released waitlist in portal. Unfortunately my D is out.

I’m sorry! My girl was in class until just now. She’s out too. I’m glad, lol! I can’t take another monkey wrench. For those keeping up, she got a nice email from Kaitlin last night saying Texas State was out too. She is super excited about her decision, but talk about the last minute. Thanks to everyone for allowing me to share the ride and for the messages of info and support. For sure this is not for the faint of heart!

2 Likes

My D is a little disappointed but is happy to be heading to Rider. Good luck with everything!

8 Likes

so does that mean Pace is the one? or still up in the air? sorry i don’t mean to be nosy!!! i get invested lol

1 Like

Hi! I’m glad @NYYFanNowMTdad tagged me! My daughter just finished her 1st year at Utah and she was trained extensively in classical ballet through middle and high school – the daily MT dance class (every day, in the morning) is split into 4 levels, with the top level having no real “ceiling” since not all students advance that that level, and the teacher is able to give the small class truly individualized attention. My daughter finds the MT dance class to be leveled appropriately and she worked really hard. Next year, she gets to take a 2nd dance class as part of the MT BFA. She is considering auditioning for the modern dance minor, but many of the required classes for the minor are scheduled at the same time as required classes for the MT BFA. There’s one graduating senior who did the dance minor and appreciated having access to the modern dance classes (only majors and minors who are accepted to the program have access at all). There are also two great drop-in options in Salt Lake City: Ballet West and Millennium. Another strength of the program is that they actually cast and train swings in their big productions, and they also cast students as assistant choreographers – so there’s plenty of great opportunity to receive mentorship and build skills if being a Broadway dancer is on the goal list.

She loved the rest of her classes this year, as well, and this was a weird year to say the least! I’m happy to answer any questions you have about the experience there. My daughter is thrilled with her choice and is excited for the next years ahead of her. I hope this helps!

1 Like

Happy Decision Day! Just wondering where things landed for your D? Did Molloy’s list move yet? Did BoCo respond to your appeal? We visited Chicago this week and loved the city so CCC was looking good but BoCo slid in with an eleventh hour scholarship yesterday and my D committed last night. Totally surprising… It’s still really expensive, but do-able (with some creative financing :slight_smile: ) Staying on DePaul’s waitlist because–Chicago! Would love to hear how things are going for you!

1 Like

BOCO! Paid the deposit last night! Whew! Excited to hear others going there too! @risdgrad88

5 Likes

I haven’t seen many kids accepting offers from Pace…we’re obviously committing somewhere today!! But, a couple schools sent acceptances like three days ago, and are offering extensions…ugh…

1 Like

I was thinking of you and wondering what you all decided. Yes, if it weren’t for the SeeOurTruths stuff, my daughter would have been much more tempted by Pace…I’m sure it’s still great!

yayyyyy!!! fantastic school! my kiddo would have loved boco!! it is fascinating to see the pace fallout but those videos were pretty damning.

@Skymomla is also sending her girl to boco, from southern cali i believe!!

have a drink now!!!

3 Likes

Congrats! Yeah! My D is heading there too!

1 Like