The Honors Action Classes

Do the required classes associated with the Honors Action meet on a regular interval through the Fall semester?

For example, if doing Outdoor Action, you are required to enroll in a UH103 class (If i recall the number correctly). Single credit, P/F. Does it meet during the following semester or is it a placeholder for your completed Action activity?. I don’t think you can add the class in the schedule builder to see.

The Honors Action programs are stand alone programs. If you do one of these programs you get the HYO credit needed for freshman honors students. It does not meet any other point in the fall. I am guessing that it may automatically be added so that you get the credit for it but there are no other requirements once the camp is finished.

Thanks @Roo17 !

Sounds like we need to add the UH 103 at BamaBound then, which records the HYO credit once the year starts. They did note that you need to actively add the class during orientation, and that staff would know how to do it…

Also, turns out, RRS 101 and RRS 102 count as Honors Year One classes.

@DavidPuddy yes, however, those classes are open to only a small selective group of students that must be in the Randall Research Scholars Program.

@Roo17 Indeed. But for new RRSP students or future ones researching scheduling Honors courses, I wanted to point this out. RRS classes cover the 12 units of honors elective credits required for graduation as well.