The Official M10 2019 Freakout Thread

Okay, thanks!

If a school releases their decision online, will we still get them on M10 or will they be M9/M11 too?

When a decision is released is up to the individual schools (or collectively agreed upon as in the case of TSAO). How the student is notified is also up to the school. Where one school has multiple notification methods, I’m unable to think of an instance where there were different dates based on notification method.

File it under “it is what it is.” You’ll get notified when you get notified. :slight_smile:

Just to follow up on the notification bizzzzness noted in the above post…A couple of schools notified earlier than March 10th…the good news was shared with us folks on CC and we were happy for those students from those particular schools.

We had a few decisions sent via email late in the day on March 9th (it was a Friday last year). The rest came anywhere from just past midnight to mid-morning of March 10th. Having seen this type of “thread” now for a couple of years I just want to share the following: Some parents and students were freaking out on the “freak out” thread several days before March 10th about tracking with UPS or FedEx…getting carrier pidgeons (just kidding) delivering decisions. Honestly, a couple of packages came on March 10th after the email notification via USPS (mail delivery). Someone in our household was feeling blue earlier in the week because there was no UPS or FedEx notice and that young person lost hope because of what had been posted on CC. I think a couple of parents had received UPS notifications that a package was going to be delivered from CT. At least one parent admitted to me later that it was from an insurance company in Farmington and he got all worked up over nothing!

FWIW the packages/envelopes for our schools came later than the emails last year…this may vary depending on the schools you have applied to…Hint to parents: Please don’t start trying to guess about package deliveries…this just adds to the anxiety and sends the wrong message to your student…how you react is going to be very important and your student is looking for your reaction…you may start thinking about how you are processing this in front of your student (kiddo) especially if you are already reading the March 10th Freak Out thread before Thanksgiving!

I will bet that by March 5th, we will be scrolling down this thread to see a parent posting about a UPS notification from somewhere in CT or MA…

You all will find plenty of support here on CC on multiple threads…as @skieurope stated above: “You’ll get notified when you get notified”. :-c

Yeah, the package notification hype needs to stop. We received notifications for non-school packages, while receiving no notifications for school acceptance packages that arrived 3/10 AND 3/12 (the following Monday). Expect no signs or communication outside of exactly how and when the school says they’ll notify you, which is usually email, logging into their system or through Gateway. Note: this year, the Gateway notification was a specific link that the school sent earlier in the week, NOT through the application portal.

@CavsFan2003 u know that Concord wont accept any 10th graders right? I called and initially had it on my list but then they told me they are overbooked and wont have space for incoming 10th graders, just FYI

@CavsFan2003 y do u want to go to BS so badly?

@badminton4life Yup I do! That’s the only school I’m applying to for 11th.

I want to go to BS cause I’m always alone at home and it’s lonely and my school’s not really great for learning, classes are way too big and there aren’t any private schools in my area that are secular; I also can’t present as male at my school due to safety risks

I can’t wait for March 10th! Even if I don’t get into any boarding schools, the process was definitely worth it. Im also going to do short admission decisions reactions for my friends. It’s going to be corny LOL.

I got a handwritten note from my interviewer from SMS today! I was so happy to see it. She said she believes St. Mark’s will be the perfect place to pursue my interests and she’s so impressed with my drive and maturity. I hope it’s a good sign. I love SMS, my interviewer was so kind and she 1000% sold me on it. I’d be so thankful if I got to attend there. Shouldn’t get excited cause it’s probably just pleasantries but it’s hard not to :smiley:

Did you guys apply last year?

I did but not to boarding schools

@livelaughxc Not last year, but I applied in 8th grade to a local boarding school (from where I used to live) named Culver Academies. Didn’t do anything 9th grade cause I liked my school but since coming out as trans and having to move I’ve decided I want a change. This app cycle is much harder than last app cycle lol

@ilovechoateeeee any reason why you’re applying for repeat 9th? I’m also applying again this year after being waitlisted at 3/4 schools I applied for and I’m leaning towards going for 10th grade, but curious to hear other people’s thoughts.

@CavsFan2003 I have a friend who actually goes to Culver for their summer camp every year! It’s ridiculously expensive for a summer camp lol. Do you currently go to culver? Also, good luck with your transition

@livelaughxc there’s a better chance of getting accepted for 9th because there are more spots/openings, and it helps transition better into the school imo. it is just going to school with ppl a couple months younger than you. and i think 30% ish of the grade is also repeats, so you wont be alone :slight_smile: or you can just hang out with sophomores

@livelaughxc No, I do not-- I was accepted but not given financial aid (I needed a full ride) so I didn’t attend. Thank you :slight_smile:

SSAT Saturday and Andover interview Sunday!! It will be a very busy weekend.

Good luck! I already finished my 3 interviews and ISEE a month ago so two less things to worry about:) But the I still need to edit my essays…

Less freakout now! My dad and I found a nice private day school about 30 minutes away which would offer to bus me from there to my house. It’s ranked top 5 in Indiana, which is nice! I hope I do get admitted to it, that would help lighten the stress of BS apps knowing I have a good plan behind me.

I took the SSAT Saturday and I think it went pretty well! Obviously I won’t know till later on but I am feeling good about it. My Andover interview also went very well on Sunday!