The Official M10 2020 Freakout Thread

@ amumof2 We’re on the West Coast and my student doesn’t live with me, so I plan to open Cate and Thacher at midnight (Pacific time) and read the rest when I wake up around 5:30. If there’s good news to be shared then I plan to surprise her and bring balloons and pancakes over for breakfast to celebrate! If not, she and I will open them in the afternoon after school as she doesn’t know many are posted early in the day for us. Luckily, she is not anxious about the details of the release times but rather just finding out that day :slight_smile:

awww @MentorBee the balloons and pancakes sounds wonderful. Everyone should be sure to post on the decision thread.

My DD is adamant about opening her own decision pages. I will honor her request and not peek, even though it might kill me. :wink: A few of her decisions won’t be available until she returns from school in the afternoon so she plans to open all of them at that time. I’m hoping she will allow me to look over her shoulder as she does.

We definitely planned on revisits to help determine between choices 2 and 2a assuming choice 1 doesn’t pan out. And if choice 1 accepts us, kids were definitely looking forward to the revisit regardless. Such a bummer, but I get it. And I’m not optimistic about any revisits being rescheduled/pushed back. Maybe I’m wrong.

As for decisions already having been made - absolutely. Between FA, mailing logistics (even proper email merges take time), prep of any personalized notes, my guess would be that 9X% of decisions were made by March 1 and 100% no later than today.

And yes, one benefit of feeder-type IMS is that the secondary school counselors not only exist, but have relationships with AOs. They been known to drop hints.

Surely I’m not the only one who zoomed in on Lville’s Instagram post where the dean of enrollment is signing an admissions letter? Unfortunately, I couldn’t read a name! I can’t believe the decisions have pretty much been made and now we just have to wait!

We too are/were relying on revisits, so I’m hoping the school(s) to which my daughter is accepted still hosts revisit days. Otherwise I’m not sure how she’ll choose (given she has the option).

Only a few more days left!!

Omg i did that too! It was too blurry though. I thought it would be really cool if I saw my name.

Yeah I did that too!! I kinda spoiled what the acceptance letter will sound like though if I get in crosses fingers. You can sorta make out what it says and I got the first paragraph translated from the blurry screen.

Anyone else kind of missing interviews? At lunch a few days ago I begged my friends to give me a mock interview for no particular reason other than to get the interview feeling again and they thought I was crazy… If I don’t get into any school this year, I think I’ll reapply next year just to do interviews again!

@Sleepingatlast That is adorable! Hopefully you will not have to reapply :smile: Fingers crossed for everyone.

I miss the the planning of travel for interviews. It was a neat challenge to try to find good priced plane tickets & to figure out travel routes so we could squeeze as many schools in to a trip. And I personally find it fun booking hotels. I like looking at all the pictures & imagining if we get to stay somewhere, and trying to find amazing deals/prices. We don’t travel much & I love planning trips, so I miss that.

Taft’s revisit days cancelled, per the Taft website (per Revisit thread).

@LeeLeeB Good to know. Taft is my top choice, and my brother goes there as well.

@amumof2 What is the name of that thread?

@cniewinski Its called

Revisit Day dates for 2020?

is it bad if I haven’t gotten invites to alumni events etc? I’ve heard of other schools sending them when you get accepted.

It’s sad that the revisits are being cancelled, but I understand why they have to do it

We just got our login for Emma Willard and, on our application progress page, it says “Decision 2/19.” Does that mean they made a decision on our application weeks ago and we are just waiting to find out what it is? Kind of torture.

Hoping everyone gets news they are hoping for next week!

Praying for your good news @southernfemmom !! Let us know! Our Emma acceptance came via email and phone call on March 9th of our year!! Early and I took a video of both of us looking/crying/screaming at the email! We saved that video and screen shot of the email and look upon it as this wonderful mother-daughter moment. Hope you share that also!

Thank you @Golfgr8 ! That is a wonderful story and a very special memory! Emma looks like a wonderful place. Emmas has said that they will release their decision at 4 pm on M10 . . . so a little extra torture in a long day. :slight_smile: We are also looking at Grier, Madeira, and Chatham Hall, so crossing fingers for happy options and a fabulous HS experience at a Girls School!

@Golfgr8 Due to your avatar, I always thought you were a dad! That’s a picture of a guy golfing, right? Even with my reading glasses, it’s hard for me to see the details of some of those pics! LOL, I thought it was a picture of you golfing!!

I love love love your story of you videoing you & your daughter both reacting to last year’s (?) acceptance email!! So sweet!! I’m hoping many families here have similar warm experiences soon!

I’m new here and trying to catch up. I didn’t know what a revisit was until I saw that they were being cancelled.
Is there a standard deadline to accept offers? If so, how long after would a waitlisted student know if there is a seat open?
I’m wondering if my son happened to be waitlisted for his top choice and accepted to another what is best. It hadn’t crossed my mind yet.