The Official M10 2021 Freakout Thread

Let me put this in context. Packages are a terrible way to determine if you’ve been accepted. I guarantee you, it was just a glitch.

3 Likes

lmao does the thing with the glitches and packages and emails happen every year

i randomly had a half day tmr and all my teachers except one were gonna do asynch but then i convinced my english teacher to have asynch since the class needed a day to “relax and get ahead” and so now I have no school at all!!

i’m doing online tomorrow because i have tests. i’m in person everyday so it’s a treat!

I just failed a test probably…I ran out of time and I was only half way done. This is what worrying about decisions does to me!

whats an asynch

asynchronous

Asynchronous- no live classes but there’s work to do.

You do classes/homework on your own time.

Hi Everybody. I have been reading along while you all “freak out” for the past few days. I am a parent, and I was in your shoes last year. Let’s just say that M10 did NOT go how my son or I thought it would. He applied to 4 schools, all as a day student and needing about half FA. We anticipated 1 rejection and 3 acceptances (he was a highly recruited athlete). What actually happened was 1 rejection (Andover), 2 waitlists (Brooks and Middlesex, the 2 schools that heavily recruited him for his sport) and 1 acceptance (Pingree School, where he is currently a freshman). We were completely stunned at the waitlists, and were devastated as our son, in his mind, was already seeing himself at Brooks or Middlesex. After a few days the shock wore off, and he started to get excited about Pingree (a nearby day school). After a couple weeks, Brooks and Middlesex were a distant memory. So, moral of the story- even if tomorrow does not go how you want it to, or are expecting it to, you WILL end up where you belong. You WILL succeed. And a year from now, you can help other kids who will be in your shoes. Good luck to all.

18 Likes

oh ok, thanks for explaining

It feels weird to think that M10 starts in 4 hours and 30 mins in my timezone!!!

really, whats your timezone?

we’re always asynch on wednesday, so yay

Pakistan Standard Time

It’s so weird to me that we will have some of our decisions in 24 hours!

You didn’t get a notification?

Good luck everybody; wishing you all a very happy M10 tomorrow!!!

9 Likes

I hate to ruin the atmosphere but I can’t be the only one worried about this. I read the news all the time and whenever I see an article about an Asian American become a victim of hate crime in the U.S I become so afraid that what if I can be affected by it too. I know that I won’t be the only Asian kid and there are tons like me but really, checking on the media only ruins my mood and heightens my fear of supremacists. Am I being reasonable for being concerned? I do have a habit to be worried about small things though. Maybe it’ll be fine because I’ll be at a boarding school.

7 Likes

idk i think theres usually a prejudice against white n asians for some reason ://

2 Likes