The Official M10 2021 Freakout Thread

same here lol (im prob waking up at 6:55 am to mentally prepare myself)

last time saying this but…don’t freak out!!

you all worked so hard and you guys deserve some rest, so sleep well tonight. no matter what happens tomorrow, you all are so talented and i know you guys will become amazing people! it is 9:35 pm so I am gonna get some sleep lol. I wish you guys the best and I am keeping my fingers crossed for you!! what is meant to be is meant to be i promise.

5 Likes

It’s day time for me so I would be up for almost all of my decisions anyway!

1 Like

good luck!

1 Like

I’ve seen this question asked: from what I know, Choate doesn’t send out FedEx/UPS/whatever notifications. If you don’t have anything from Wallingford, you’re 100% fine. If you do, well… your mom bought a new shirt.

8 Likes

Tabor and Williston both sent emails.

This made my day :joy:

It is actually a carrier (not a school) that sends notifications. Having said that, there is nobody on this site who got any notifications from Choate. So, they must be doing something different.

does anyone know people who got in MAINLY because of their essays, recs, and interviews? I’m pretty average statwise so idk

I will answer indirectly… I know of people who had stellar stats but could not get into schools of their choice because of their less than stellar essays and interviews.

1 Like

This was literally amazing. Definitely what I needed on a night like this. Thank you!

I think that would be me (except without the stellar stats).

Lol :grin::grin::joy::joy:

OR… @groel – maybe they had stellar everything. and they just ran out of dorm rooms. :).

Most schools have WAY more qualified applicants than they have space.

4 Likes

Could be. Though the fact of the less than stellar essays and interviews was self-reported by these candidates

1 Like

Does anyone know when Peddie releases its decision?

Let’s switch the decision for a moment.

Pick your top two schools on your list in your mind.

Now think about what you will do if you get into both?

will you go to both?

Of course not.
why?
Because you can’t be in two places at once. You don’t have space for more than one boarding school in your life.

you will have to turn one of them down.

Does that school suck?
NO!! It’s awesome!
It’s truly amazing!
The decisions was SO hard!!
You agonized.
You may even have a cried a bit when you sent the email to that AO to explain that you won’t be attending.

Well, that’s how some schools for sure feel about so many students they had to turn down.
They simply didn’t have space for even truly amazing students.

22 Likes

Good luck to you too. I wish you all the best :)) Hope everything goes well!

1 Like

I’m so happy to see people get accepted! I hope I can join with later on.

4 Likes

I have been asking the same question. I haven’t heard anything. I am glad to I am not alone.

1 Like