The Official M10 2021 Freakout Thread

Yep! I’m definitely going to expand to a wider net next year!

1 Like

im pretty sure on gateway when u click the “select schools” or “apply to schools” there are some schools that will show up. and i think for all of them they hv the deadline dates next to them, so u can find rolling deadline schools that way!

if you’re a boy you can apply to this school called Christ school, it has a really nice campus and its rolling

1 Like

Yes!! I second this. We live in Asheville and it’s a great school. Worth looking at for any boys…

1 Like

Hmm it doesn’t seem to be showing deadlines for me and there’s no way I can find to filter them. Every school I click on has a deadline.

It sounds like an amazing school but I’m unfortunately can’t apply because I’m a girl. Thank you for the recommendation though!

Brewster Academy is a good one!

Has anyone received a notification from Groton through UPS or FEDEX?

1 Like

Cranbrook is a great school in Michigan. They have a deadline but last I checked they also accept rolling admissions. You should check it out if you’re interested!

1 Like

Unfortunately I’m not comfortable applying to a single gender school even though I know a lot of them have rolling admissions. So far my list has csw. Any other schools I should look at?

I applied and haven’t gotten anything but that doesn’t mean other people haven’t. irdk

About my kid: White 8th grade male from the Midwest. Excellent grades (though not perfect), and very well-rounded academically. One of most advanced 15 8th grade kids for math in the district, out of more than 1,000, but not at the tippy-top. 99% SSAT overall. Good athlete, especially basketball, but may not grow enough to contribute to varsity even as upperclassman. However, surely he’ll add a lot of value to JV teams. Speaks Mandarin fairly well. Conservatory-level cellist with a lot of first-chair orchestral experience and chamber-music experience. Helps out almost weekly with religious services; helped coach basketball; volunteered on a recent Congressional campaign. Works well with others, etc. Diverse interests and friend group. Has experience living away from home at summer camps (music).

5 Likes

HUGE thanks to all the parents and moderators here.

Big thanks to
@UltimaCroix
@skieurope
@Calliemomofgirls
@buuzn03
@stalecookies
@CateCAParent
@ChoatieMom

And honestly, thank you thank you to everyone i didn’t tag too. You have all helped me SO much in this process. I couldn’t have made it this far without you. I will most likely continue to be an active part of making this forum a better place, and a place for applicants to get advice! My acceptances are in no small part because of all of you. I also want to thank my friends from day 1, @mondaydevil and @pearlescentrose you guys have given me so much strength through this.

Once again, thank you all for helping me grow.

…to everyone who got rejected, just know you are STILL AMAZING! This year was super competitive, and not everyone can get in. Rejection isn’t not getting in, it’s not trying in the first place. You did your best, and that’s what matters.

And congrats to everyone who got accepted!

PS: listen to the parents, and please cast a wide net.

27 Likes

No Groton deliveries here.

I second this !

Thanks for this, again, congrats!!!

Groton is out, I was rejected.

Are they sending them out in batches? I don’t see anything on the portal.

I don’t see anything either

dw theres like 1440+ ppl trying to access it rn, pretty sure it crashed