The Official M10 2021 Freakout Thread

i was truly shocked by your decision, your stats were so much better than mine, those schools don’t know what they are missing.

2 Likes

i have a friend who got into exeter but she said she isn’t going cuz its too much stress and work :sob:

uh-so why apply in the first place
thats odd

1 Like

ikr, she said its the baseline for application, everyone applies there, but she wont be able to handle the workload even though she is always part of the top 10 percent in our grade.

bruhhh :sob: can you tell her to give that acceptance to me xD

lol i just texted her and she said she feels bad for the peoples places that she took and she knew she wasnt going to go from the start.

1 Like

same

Loomis and Middlesex are both considered to be great schools! Congrats!

Did anyone here get into SPS? (I was waitlisted)

Ok. Status report. I applied to 8 schools. Heard back from 7 of them. 0 rejections, 7 WL. First off, do you think I have at least a chance of getting into a school?

1 Like

obviously you’re qualified to go to a prep school so i cant tell you whats going to happen but hoping the best for your last school

2 Likes

Yes, my kid did.

1 Like

What grade did your friend apply for?

She should reject the offer ASAP if she thinks she’s not going. That way a person from the waitlist can get a decision sooner.

1 Like

9th

Could you share a bit stats and ECs? Congrats on your all great acceptances! So impressive!

2 Likes

I’m so sorry that your day has brought disappointing news. I encourage you to look into schools that offer rolling admission. And if that’s not an option, re-apply to more schools next year. Don’t give up! We are all pulling for you.

Same goes to @nonbinarywood This doesn’t have to be the end of the BS road for you guys!!

5 Likes

im so sorry. sps is missing out big time smh. they don’t deserve u, dw. but stay positive for waitlist! its not completely over, and we’re still rooting for u!!

1 Like

Status report (inspired by AK1013, tysm!!): applied to 15 schools. heard back from 14. 4 acceptances, 8 WLs and 2 rejections. WLed for the T10 basically. is there ANY chance at all i would move from the waitlist to the acceptance pool?

Waitlisted at SPS. So final decisions would be:

Accepted: none
Waitlisted: Exeter, Andover, SPS
Rejected: Choate

I put a lot of work into my applications this year as I know we all did and was hoping for better news. I’m a bit stumped but looking forward to applying next year and to some rolling admission boarding schools in the process. Also, does anyone know where I can find schools with rolling admissions or have any recommendations? Any school I come across seems to have a deadline ://