The Official M10 2021 Freakout Thread

For me, it all depends on the school and size of the dorm. Does anyone think many schools will put students in singles again?

I’m thinking of either a pastel blue/teal/purple or pastel yellow/beige/orange color scheme, and for the theme probably galaxy, clouds, or a city lol

1 Like

I feel like if I start thinking of dorm ideas it will be even more depressing if I don’t make it.

Who else can’t focus on their homework due to anticipation

same and same (for your second question)

I’m thinking like a light academia type room (if I don’t get in that’s what I plan to decorate my room as anyways)

I was thinking a little woodsy possibly? like white sheets with cute accent pillows and a fluffy blanket. I want to bring fake plants too :))

3 Likes

Honestly it’ll probably be messy, have way too many books and chocolate scattered everywhere, and generally just be crazy.

2 Likes

7 days one week 7 days one week left omgomgomg

1 Like

168 hours, 168 hours, 168 hours…

1 Like

just a heads up. do not look at the andover admissions instagram story if you do not want to know what them judging us looks like

1 Like

Lmao yeah, that’s true. I still remember that picture vividly, from last year!

What’s a school you would be shocked if you got into ?

Hotchkiss

So… I was just scrolling around my old emails from last year, and I clicked on my Andover decisions portal email from M5 2020. For some reason, I decided to click on the link, and this was the message I saw…

Well, I guess now we can confirm that Andover’s decision is going to be released at 7 AM EST this year.

I’m guessing that this year’s email should be sent within the next few days.

1 Like

Choate: I’ve not shown much interest (very little when compared to the other schools I’ve applied to). Also, I never really connected with the AOs there either.

ANDOVER DEFINITELY. First of all, I added the wrong links in the Candidate Profile. Secondly, I did last year’s teachers instead of this year’s teachers for the recommendations. Thirdly, I did the graded essay wrong because I didn’t include the comments or the grade I got. Fourthly, I lied in the overview of the graded essay by saying “this year’s essay” instead of “last year’s essay” (so IM SCREWED AND I KNOW I DESERVE IT :sob::sob::sob::sob::sob:). I shouldn’t have picked that essay for the graded essay. Fifth of all my interview sucked and my essays are also generic and they are bland. Yet there’s one thing that confuses me: Why did Andover watch my video 7 times? They watched it recently too, but that probably doesn’t mean anything.

Edit: I kept in contact with none of the schools so… (Wait we were supposed to?) I hope this post makes you feel better about your apps. I had a lot of mistakes in mine.

Edit: Actually, I’d be surprised if I got into ANY school…

Don’t worry I had a lot of mess ups too. I used last year’s teachers for recs, said in the candidate profile that I was going to upload a multimedia submission but then didn’t, and I also didn’t keep in contact with anyone.

For me I would be shocked if I got into St. paul’s because I showed like no interest😭It is definitely one of the schools I would not be shocked if I got rejected

Hotchkiss. I was always 5 mins too late to book an interview and I had trouble uploading the optional interview to Youtube since I got an error message every time. They told me not to do it since it was optional.