The Official M10 2021 Freakout Thread

I was bored and just applied to Phillips Exeter

I finished my application in an hour so I am pretty sure I did not make it

Ack, we only have a week now… In seven days we’ll already have gotten a lot of decisions…aaaaa!

Lawrenceville. I absolutely FAILED everything LOL

AHHHHHHH I’m gonna be disappointed on March 10th. I know it. It’s especially hard to get admission, especially this year with Corona. Hopefully it’s not gonna be 2015 all over again. Everyone has worked so hard, and everyone is so accomplished!! Best of luck to you all!!

1 Like

Choate

and milton/lawrenceville

what happened in 2015?

Well 2015 was a pretty bad year for prep school admissions (if you check the Freakout thread).

yea 2015 was actually a depressing thread like no one got accepted

could you summarize it?

Basically they were all so excited for M10 because they all had pretty good Stats but the day of M10 there were barely any acceptable (they applied to like t35 schools)

Yeah. Like literally the people had GREAT stats (better than me) and they got rejected from all schools!!

I just read some of it, the day after m10 when they were all saying goodbye was really sad :confused:

I’m reading the 2015 freakout thread and I skipped to March 1. I’m on M8 and I keep laughing at what went on that day. @skieurope I’m so sorry you had to deal with them! I hope we aren’t as bad!

They posted so much on there, 200+ posts on M8

I spent a good 5 mins trying to get to M9 because of that

I actually enjoy reading the thread every year, especially when some frequent posters that I only know through CC get good news on M10.

But for applicants, keep in mind that the group on CC is not a statistically representative subset of applicants as a whole. Read nothing into others applicants decisions.

5 Likes

Are any of them back this year? The people that applied to eighth grade should be applying to college now, assuming they didn’t repeat a grade or take a gap year.

The applicants in 2017 are applying to college this year. Ask me how I know…(without doing the math)…