The Official M10 2022 Freakout Thread

Those schools you mentioned are unique and/or different from each other….what do you like about each of them? Are you hoping to be within a certain driving distance from home? Did you look at Hotchkiss, L’Ville, Kent….any of the single gender schools?

Hi yes please I would love that

there is certain things that I like about each school none of them are close to my home since I live in Florida and yes I did look at the schools you mentioned. I am also working with a boarding school admission helper.

I would add Deerfield to your list.

Did you look at St Paul’s?

If you like animals, you should look at Millbrook - they have their own zoo and it is really fabulous. Students have the opportunity to take care of animals and think its an integrated program with Biology, as well as community service.

If you like sailing, marine biology, the ocean….check out Tabor Academy and St George’s (Newport).

Other schools that are not in the NE, but you should check out include: Mercersburg, Blair, St Andrews (Delaware), Episcopal, etc

For all boys: Check out Salisbury
For all girls: Check out Emma Willard, Miss Porter’s, Westover, Madeira (Washington DC)

1 Like

Hi! How is everyone doing?

Hey so I totally get where youre coming from. I even went through the experience myself. Like what the other replies said find ways to get exicted. Go through the ebsites and watch the tours. Seeing other people’s experiences on youtube also reminded me of why I was excited. You just need to remember what made you initially excited at the idea of Boarding School. Good luck through the process!

Try connecting with as many current students as you can through CC - it should really help.

If anyone has any questions about Milton, feel free to reach out to me :slight_smile: I applied last year and just recently rediscovered this account. To everyone applying this year, you got this!

hi. I’m doing the same process and I’m 8th grade. Is it ok if I pm you?

ajwkefjekjfkefjefe. i’m trying my best to write my essays and even though i know that writing is something i actually excel at, it just feels like none of my essays will be good enough to get me in and- sigh. just feeling sorta burnt out and unmotivated right now. how about you? how are you doing?

I rewrite my essays every two days. One day I think they are amazing the next day they are horrible.

Hey! Im applying this year as a junior as I’m finishing up my candidate profile I realized that I’ve missed some of the clubs and activities I do. The issue is that I’ve reached the max and I cannot add anymore clubs. Im not really sure what to do?

@aasila22

If you’ve reached your max space you are very likely putting irrelevant stuff on your application. I understand that in a kids’ mind more is more. For an adult reading your application more can be too much and can cross into either: 1. These are clearly barely activities or 2. This kid is just adding on things they didn’t really do.

Please make sure that things you list are actually deep activities, not things you did once in 4th grade. Please make sure that when you add up the time you claim to participate in activities it doesn’t add up to more than say 126 hours a week. Keep in mind most AOs are impressed by commitment not 100 activities.

1 Like

Alright thanks!

dude same it’s so annoying :sob:

Seeing app threads get more traction lately, so bump.

Hey guys! I’m applying for 9th grade and I still haven’t started my 500 word essay :grinning:

applying if soooo fun!

*is

1 Like

Hello, I’m applying for 10th grade (yikes)! I’m applying to 9 schools total and I’ve already submitted 7 of my apps.

I still have to do my Andover and Middlesex applications (I absolutely, horrendously failed my Middlesex interview so…). Anyways, which schools are you applying too?

P.S. Applying was somewhat torturous, but it’s been a cool experience.

1 Like