The Official M10 2022 Freakout Thread

Our Groton status hasn’t updated yet either

1 Like

Accepted: Bard, 'Iolani, and a couple of day schools.
Waitlisted: Choate
Rejected: Loomis

Still waiting on Emma Willard

4 Likes

Ours at Groton just refreshed – waitlisted

Congrats everyone! @DGBAntho and @c1099, if you have any questions about Lawrenceville, let me know; I’m a current junior.

3 Likes

My accepted schools gave me an email at about 12 AM EST. Does this go for all schools that have accepted you?

Different schools do different things. Back in 2019, I got one of my five decisions at 12:00 AM.

Hi Everyone we are done for the day. Pretty happy with the results and to be honest are very much inline with our expectation. I am so amazed by how talented you all are, and I will continue rooting for all of you. As someone here said so aptly, the results do not define who you are! The sheer fact of applying to boarding schools is already monumental. I will probably be back if there’s a stats thread. Good luck everyone, thank you for your love and support during the (extremely) stressful past couple of days! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

13 Likes

Oh, I see

Congrats everybody! No matter what the outcome of your M10 is, y’all should be proud of the initiatives you’ve taken by applying!

Funnily enough, whilst I have no BS decisions this year (I’m applying for college), one of the colleges I’m applying to has its decision date today as well (making today technically my third M10 :sob: :joy:).

No matter the results you all get today, please give yourselves a pat in the back.

6 Likes

i definitely should have applied to more safeties

Acceptances: Kent
Waitlists: Concord, Blair, Lawrenceville, Exeter, Peddie, Choate, Milton, St. Mark’s, Episcopal HS,
Rejected: Taft, Hotchkiss, NMH

Still waiting on Govs, but by the looks of it, probably a waitlist :weary:

4 Likes

feels like people applying to 10th grade got brutal results

1 Like

Same here…

Seems like an incredible amount of waitlists handed out. DC has 1 acceptance, 3 waitlists (for top three choice schools) and still waiting for 1 decision. She wants to stay on all of the waitlists. Talk about extending the torture. I understand there were an unprecedented number of applicants this year, but between friends and what’s being reported here, it feels like way too many WLs…

5 Likes

Same story for me

Update: 4 waitlists

Accepted: Taft, Loomis
WL: Choate, Deerfield, MX
Rejected: Andover, Exeter, Hotchkiss, Lawrenceville

9 Likes

It’s like this every year. Waitlists seem more common than rejections, at least in the snapshot we see on this site. Hang in there!

7 Likes

this is good

My son is Accepted in Exeter With full-ride!!! WL: Andover, Deerfield And Chote. Waiting for SPS and Masters.

19 Likes