Theatre Scholarships?

<p>Whilst roaming the Department of Theatre and Dance department’s webpage, I found this section on financial aid. </p>

<p>“Undergraduate scholarships are available and awarded based on audition/portfolio review. Please note that admission to the programs in Dance and Musical Theatre are by audition only. Additional information is available by visiting The University of Alabama Admissions Office.” </p>

<p>So I went to the Admissions web page, looked around for scholarships, and couldn’t find anything mentioning theatre specifically. Are there specific scholarships for theatre majors? If so, would they be stackable with other scholarships (for example, I qualify for the Presidential Scholarship)? </p>

<p>I’m probably just missing something simple here - could anyone help me out? Thanks!</p>

<p>All I could find is a mention that theater scholarships are awarded in Feb. I don’t know if they are stackable or not.</p>

<p>Thanks. That’s all I found too - looked to me like that info was for those entering in Fall 2012 (I’m entering in 2013), but I assume it’ll likely stay the same for this year.</p>

<p>Contact the scholarship office directly: [Contact</a> Us - Undergraduate Scholarships - The University of Alabama](<a href=“http://scholarships.ua.edu/contact/]Contact”>http://scholarships.ua.edu/contact/)</p>

<p>^^^</p>

<p>I’m not sure that will do it. These are dept awarded scholarships based on talent after an audition. I think you need to contact the Theater dept.</p>

<p>^^^In that case: <a href=“mailto:theatre.dance@ua.edu”>theatre.dance@ua.edu</a> or 205-348-5283.</p>

<p>Thank you! I’ll send them an email today.</p>

<p>Send an email, but also call and leave a message that you sent an email.</p>

<p>Please let us know what you find out!! Many thanks!!</p>

<p>After initially being informed I wouldn’t hear back until June 30, I received this response today: “Theatre scholarships are awarded to students during our Audition Days (one which is held in November and the other in February). Please visit our website for more information - theatre.ua.edu. Thank you.”</p>

<p>Which still isn’t clear to me…</p>

<p>Just bumping this for people to see?</p>