Things Our Freshman Brought and Didn't Use - Male Edition

<p>DD was so relieved that I stocked her up with cold and allergy meds. We didn’t realize it at the time, but you have to be 19 in Alabama to buy OTC cold/allergy meds. Coming from OOS, we didn’t think about that. This was one time this over-prepared mom scored some points with the independent dd. :)</p>

<p>^^STL - Thanks so MUCH – My DS is 17 and I would not have considered purchasing the allergy meds to be an issue.</p>

<p>CLEANING Supplies – For the record, I know from the start, these are being purchased for my peace of mind, not him actually using anything.</p>

<p>@vlines – I would have never thought clothes hangers would not be used.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>When you hang your clothes on the floor, the hanger is superfluous.</p>

<p>soap
shampoo
laundry detergent
lysol
vacuum cleaner
a razor</p>

<p>^^ Beth’sMom: now that’s funny! This will be the case in S’s room.</p>

<p>Exactly, Beth’s mom…which is why they were the item I said my son did not use. ;)</p>

<p>Ahh, yes, Slippy, the razor saw very little use also. sigh…</p>

<p>Thanks for the tip on OTC medicines! DD will be 17 when she goes too!</p>

<p>I hear ya, Slippy. I was going to add Laundry Detergent myself… :)</p>

<p>Actually, that’s not fair. I had 2 phone calls this semester asking for more bama cash so he could finish his laundry. I chose to believe that is what it was used for. It was pretty clever of him to call me from the laundry room, I’ll give him that… ;)</p>

<p>In all seriousness, that tip about OTC meds is a good one. The boy turned 18 on campus, so he isn’t even 19 yet. </p>

<p>He didn’t use his all-in-one printer as much as we thought he would, and he definitely did not crack into the extra ink we bought for it either, but YMMV. I will say though that the HP e-print feature is cool. His printer has an email address, and if we need to send a document to him, I just email it to the printer’s email address and it is waiting for him on the printer. Very slick.</p>

<p>Turning 19 and buying a packet of Allegra this semester was almost as exciting to dd as when she turned 18 in Missouri and bought her first lottery ticket. She won $100 on that one lottery ticket – but the Allegra was much needed this Spring!</p>