This Is Us. Anyone watching?

I’m growing weary of the struggles with being in a white family. We’ve been through finding his Dad, now his Mom. I get it’s realistic, but I’m over being interested in watching it. They need to move on to a different story line that involves him.

2 Likes

Agree. Its had its moments, but the arc of this story line is flat-lining.

1 Like

Good episode - the Mr. Rogers scenes had me smiling and a little choked up. Also when little Randall was watching the weatherman on the screen.

I wonder if this storyline which some feel is a little long is going to somehow tie largely into the ending. I too am frustrated with the stop and go of the season. A month off now and then just 2 episodes? I’m hoping this again is somehow tied to presenting a full robust final season next year.

3 Likes

Not so sure about last night’s episode, especially the Kevin story line. Was nice to see Rebecca doing well and supporting Kate and Madison, although she seemed almost too together. Hard to hear that Kate stayed at the diner job for so many years.

May be a bumpy ride to the finish!

2 Likes

I hope they are just setting us up to think Kevin is going to do something stupid and not that Kevin is actually going to do something stupid.

4 Likes

AACK! It was new last night??? grrrr

I loved the part when Rebecca says that she sees all of the Kates that she has ever been and although she may not be easy, she is easy to love. As a parent, that resonated with me.

Also, Beth and Randall dancing was so sweet.

4 Likes

Ugh, in the very best way, Randall and Beth slay me.

I wonder if this will lead to Kevin realizing he is with Madison because he should be not because he want to be. That he has a habit of people pleasing.

Also I hope Toby can get a job. That was a nice set of scenes with his dad.

3 Likes

Kevin may also just be putting some closure to past relationships that were important to him before he fully commits to his life with Madison and their children. And talking it out with his brother and looking for his wise counsel . We’ll see!

1 Like

I don’t like Madison and Kevin as a couple. Curious to see what happens with Sophie. I kind of always thought he’d end up with her.

2 Likes

Except the actress who plays Sophie has another series. But maybe she could swing some guest shots in This Is Us.

When Beth was closing down the studio, she showed her grand opening flyers and they were dated September. I thought she was about to open when covid hit and things were shutting down. That was not September. I also assume this was supposed to be Sept '20. That date just confused me.

Although I liked the Kevin/Sophie relationship earlier, hope things stay good with Madison. The fact that the season finale is being called the “wedding episode” makes me think there will be drama but no big changes.

Toby migrating a windows server to Ubuntu in a weekend but not being able to fix the leak made me lol. But hope he repairs the relationship with his father. Glad Kate is getting self confidence with her job. Assume this is an actual music group they used for these scenes.

2 Likes

Maybe re-opening last fall before round 2 of Covid surge?

I loved last night’s episode. I know they are trying to make it seem like the wedding might not happen, but I’m not buying it. Does seem like we are getting a glimpse at what happens with Kate and Toby.

1 Like

I loved this episode. We are often prone to picking apart what isn’t realistic in this thread, but this episode was so real to me. Especially loved it when Rebecca spoke up for having the model pose nude - hilarious! Really looking forward to next week.

Are parties (bachelor/ette or otherwise) where you paint models a thing? Total waste of time in my family. Zero artistic schools combined in all of us. Would result in anatomically lewd stick figures.

4 Likes

I thought the women’s gathering was more realistic than the men’s. So did my dh. Do most men have deep discussions at bachelor parties??

Been a while since I have been to a bachelor party. But my recollection is drinking and golf at the more recent ones. Drinking presumably not on the table for Kevin though.

1 Like

Most men I know don’t have deep discussions with other men anywhere. Unless their golf game or football team is considered a deep discussion

4 Likes

I think the rain put a stop to the fly fishing so there was nothing left to do but watch Jerry Maguire and talk.