Thread for BS/MD BS/DO 2021-2022

Arizona

I sent a DM

If you donā€™t mind, can you please send stats to me too?

Congrats!

Congrat!

1 Like

I got few DMs and messages asking about stats for my D ( I got to check whether she is comfortable with that and then do it)

As i do with my other students/clients , i got to get their permission and this is for my D (though this forum is anonymous) .

strong textI can and I will sum up the entire process (as a separate thread/message) for future students upon this cycle ā€¦so it will help future folksstrong text

In shortā€¦ as i tell my students (and now my D), stats are just ā€œportionā€ of the selection processā€¦ itā€™s NOT the only process so no use in comparing.

I have seen clients getting rejected from Temple, Hofsra but getting admitted in CWU/REMS/TULANE ā€¦ go figure ā€¦ why.

sent!

1 Like

thank you!

1 Like

Thank you!

hey everyone here was talking about NSUā€™s interview and stuff. I havenā€™t even applied to the premier program. is this a problem? Ik the application is due 2/1 but would I still have access to the virtual interviews?

Hey! Congrats on Baylor2Baylor! I was wondering if you got a rejection email from GW/GW BAMD? I havenā€™t heard back from them yet lmao.

2 Likes

I havenā€™t heard from them yet eitherā€¦I wonder if they are releasing in batches

Thank you so much!! No, I did not receive a rejection email, but since they have released interview invites on one date in previous years (according to other posters), I am just assuming, but I am not 100% sure. If anyone decides to call and find out Iā€™d love to hear about it

Any applicants have advice on doing community projects and having an impact with these projects? DC wants to create a virtual ESL-teaching platform and curriculum but is having trouble making it ā€œofficialā€. They are trying to spread the word and get people involved but recruitment has been very difficult. Any tips for overcoming this hurdle? Also, how can we make the project more official? Should DC have a teacher at HS come on as an advisor, or maybe DC creates a school club? Any ideas/advice is appreciated.

Re: NSU

Contact the admissions office directly. They may reserve you a virtual date even though your application is pending.

FYI -

FAU/FAU interview invites have started.

1 Like

RESULTS THREAD

Every year, towards the end of March, we start the RESULTS THREAD to capture a studentā€™s STATS, their application journey, and results on interviews, acceptances, and rejections.

In the ā€œholisticā€ review of applications, there are many many subjective factors that determine who gets called for interviews and who gets an acceptance.

An important thing that we tell our students and parents - this process is in no way an arbiter of your talents, your capabilities, and your potential.
Many of you may have experienced a first ā€œtrueā€ rejection in your life and it can be unnerving for high-caliber students like you.

So, hang in there.

2 Likes

Can you share with me too

1 Like

thank you for the update. I am trying to compare FAU vs Seton Hall program if FAU has any advantage over Seton Hall program. Please advice if you have any insight on this

FAU says ā€œIn addition to the documentation and requirements noted above, all students must be have a successful completion of a medical school interview and be accepted by the College of Medicine Admissions Committee. Furthermore, students are only offered an interview if all the above requirements are met. Enrollment in the Bachelorā€™s/MD Program does not guarantee admission to the College of Medicine. The Admissions Committee may, at its sole discretion, accept a Bachelorā€™s/MD Program student into the COM or, alternatively, vote to reject a Bachelorā€™s/MD Program student, at which time, the student would be considered dismissed from the Bachelorā€™s/MD Program.ā€

Where as Seton Hall says ā€œYour performance during the interview and your academic record will be a primary factor in determining your admission to the SOM. For this reason, the Joint MD program cannot guarantee you admission to the SOM. However, you still have a tremendous advantage as all applicants to the SOM are required to have an interview but only a small percent of the applicants to the SOM will be called in for an interview whereas you are guaranteed the interview. Additionally, 25 percent of the seats in the SOM are reserved for qualified Seton Hall students. This means that as a Seton Hall student, you are in a very strong position to gain entrance to the SOM, but you must take your interview and your studies very seriously.ā€

IMO, (I maybe biased as my friends son is in Seton Hall), between those 2 Seton Hall is way better. He loves it.

As you may already know that Seton hall gives little bit more weight to studies and take it seriously. You should also understand itā€™s NOT guaranteed (kind of like EA ā€¦ but almost guaranteed if you are good).

Hope it helps