Thread for BS/MD BS/DO 2021-2022

Thanks. Did you go through their DO interview yet?

i have it in a week and a half

Hi Everyone,

I have recently joined this group. Thanks for all the information that you all posted.
My daughter has an interview with SUNY Upstate next month. She is looking for valid resources to prepare. Any suggestions?

Are the interview emails out for upitt GAP ?

1 Like

Hi, yes, emails for interviews were sent last week. Check your Pitt med portal for status.

Received an email update from Hofstra interviews. They invited 64 students so far and all invitations have been sent already. If any students cancel interviews now, they will extend the invitation to other qualified students.

2 Likes

Same here too

Did you get the zoom invites for the interview?

congratulations on the interview invite from Hofstra.

I donā€™t think that is an interview emailā€¦ Maybe he/she got an interview. But I am not.

No interview, just an update about the timeline from Hofstra.

This is Full email what I got

Your Hofstra 4+4 Program: BS-BA/MD Supplemental Application has been received and carefully reviewed by the medical school admission committee. With nearly 500 qualified applications received, this year was one of our most competitive applicant pools ever.

At this time, the medical school has invited 64 candidates to interview for one of the approximately 20 spots available in Hofstraā€™s 4+4 Program: BS-BA/MD. Those students invited to interview received an invitation via email with detailed information about the next steps. If you did not receive an invitation, there may still be an opportunity to interview. Sometimes, students will decline or drop out of their interview at the last minute. When this occurs, the medical school committee will invite the next qualified candidate. Last year, we were able to offer additional interviews to approximately 2-3 students after the initial invitations were sent. Please note that the Office of Undergraduate Admission is not able to specify chances of being offered an interview as movement does vary each year. The final interview date takes place on Friday, March 1 1, 2022 .

We understand that you have worked extremely hard throughout your high school career, and we hope that you will bring your talents to Hofstraā€™s prestigious undergraduate pre-medical program.

3 Likes

what undergrad institution did your D get recommended from?

Not yet, I think it the Zoom link will be available a day or so before.

Folks

Those who have sent me a DM and havenā€™t heard back, I had internet issues yesterday and am behind.
You should hear from me by tonight.

Thank you for your patience.

Good day all,

Do you remember the parent whose child got very high scores but was yet to get any acceptance. He wrote in here sometime ago.

Please can he update us?

His son has been in my thoughts and prayers since then.

Do you remember him? He said they applied to 13 and got 8 rejections thenceā€¦ his son scored 1580 with amazing ecs

Any update?

Good day sir.

How are you today?

No update. All rejection emails.

I got an interview - but not this email? When and where did you get it?

1 Like