Thread for BS/MD BS/DO 2021-2022

when and where did you get this email?

My D didn’t get hofstra update email. Does that mean she may still be in the pool to get an interview if someone drops?

1 Like

You’re not gonna get that email if you got an interview 
 that’s for people who haven’t got an interview

make sense but D didn’t get an interview email or a rejection email like above.

Not sure. The email above may not be a rejection since it says they will offer 2-3 extra spots so it’s really a waitlist email. Maybe reach out to admissions?

2 Likes

Anyone here ever got forwarded from caldwell to NJMS?

Did your D get Hofstra interview invitation already? If yes, you wont get this email.

yes, same email we received today.

yeah, I received it last tuesday actually

Are njit/NJMS interview invitations done being sent out?

Does accepting the offer of admission mean “committing to the school” and do only those who commit r allowed to attend these “attend student days”

I don’t think that only committed students can go to the accepted student day. Any accepted student can go and decide if they want to join. Also , once you commit, doesn’t mean you can’t take any other offer. But you do loose the deposit of $350.
NSO is only for students who will actually be going because they register for classes etc.
I think you are referring to the email that came today. The email says to register for April 1, as soon as possible but I don’t see any link to register.

For those that have attended MMIs, have they been stressful?

I will say yes depending on the school. My D attended one yesterday from 9:30am to 4:30pm. Eleven different interviewers (station) plus Toledo test plus other things. I’ll advice you take an excused day off from school on the day of your interview.

Are you familiar with Drexels?

@rkandala11 - Although it is true that even if you commit and pay a deposit at one school and then join another college, you will only lose the deposit. However, ethically this is not a good thing to do.

You should not submit deposits at more than one college unless you are wait-listed at a reach college and accepted at another.

If you paid a deposit and accepted the offer of admission, you should be serious about joining the college and ethically, you are committed.

2 Likes

Hi! My daughter interviewed in January and got accepted. We can talk over this weekend if you want.

2 Likes

Have question for seniors in this thread: We are from Texas. What to choose between upstate and Texas A&M S2M programs? Thanks in advance.

Any student with an offer of acceptance can attend “admitted student days.”

1 Like

Can you share what you like and dislike for each program?
Also, cost implications?