Thread for BS/MD BS/DO 2021-2022

Wow!!! Congratulations!

1 Like

Nope

Nope1

From a pre-med perspective, bio-medical engineering will cover most of the pre-med courses or there will be a significant overlap with pre-med requirements.

Medical colleges, generally, do not care which major you choose.

Engineering majors are generally hard - from a GPA perspective.
If you work hard and can maintain >3.8 GPA (means only 1 or max 2 Bs), medical schools like bio-medical majors.

2 Likes

Thank you all for your opinion. High school kids who have 4.0 GPA and have done AP physics, biology, calculus, should have it easy to score on PCBM subjects of MCAT, as that will be a repeat pretty much, I think. And should be able to focus on other areas as well. Not sure, -feel if we are spending 4 years of undergraduate, then its better to get qualified in some respect. …but again is hard to decide.

Yeah I did the Drexel interview yesterday (2/28)

2 Likes

Great job! Congrats!

1 Like

How was it?

congratulations!!

1 Like

along these same lines can you please share your thoughts about Computer Science as the BS portion of the BS/MD program? Is Comp Sci considered hard as in more credits?

I second that question.

When does TCNJ-NJMS send acceptance? Are they still interviewing at NJMS? I already had interview. Just wondering as all the BSMD are sending acceptance now

Has anyone heard from Howard, Stonybrook and Arizona?

Is Sophie Davis still interviewing?

Unlike bio-med engineering, there is hardly any overlap with pre-med courses for computer science. I think the required 101 level math course is the only overlap.

So you are doing the full required credit for computer science plus the required credits for pre-med. It is doable but a difficult proposition.

Also, computer science has relatively more courses in advanced math.
And difficult to maintain >3.8 GPA.

MCAT is not a repeat of AP-level physics, bio, and chem.
It requires an understanding of more advanced concepts.

2 Likes

What should be worn at BSMD virtual interview for female students? Suits?

The “main” reason few folks take a different BS or UG program is to have an alternate path, if they change their mind or lose interest in medical.

That’s why u see few folks take business, communications and others too.

The electives are totally isolated with very few overlaps between medical pre requisite and these.

Again it all depends on the “kid”

• If they want to keep an option open for them it’s a choice … this means they are kind of doing “dual degree” … more subjects and more work.

Good luck

1 Like

Howard BSMD will send interview notification between March 15-22

1 Like

Yes, that will work.

If you search my earlier posts, I had shared what dress code works for boys and girls.

how hard is it to get a 508 (req for PMM). ik this is a very subjective question depending on each student, but just wondering.