Thread for BS/MD BS/DO 2021-2022

Not quite sure what is the intent behind your questioning. As others may have previously stated, medical school doesn’t matter as much as medical student (his/her interest, drive, motivation etc). I have personally known many recent medical graduates (past decade or so) who have done extremely well both going regular route to their local state med schools or the BS/MD route.

If you are really looking for the wow factor, then you should aim only for “T2” medical schools, either Stanford or Harvard. All others don’t make lot much difference from your state medical school as long as you stay motivated to becoming the best possible physician.

But realize that making it to these 2 medical schools may involve multiple application cycles, gap years and no guarantee you will do extremely well once in, because of the competition within those schools from the caliber of student bodies they are comprised of.

1 Like

In a lighter vein tho a very correct analogy:

If you can tell me which is THE VERY best restaurant in NYC I can tell you THE best BS/MD program there is. Price does not matter. I can pay any amount for any dish lol Also if you dont know restaurants in NYC, you can tell me THE BEST restaurant in your state. Pls mention which state it is!
OR Which is THE BEST job one should go for?

OR Which is THE BEST travel destination in the world?

If you cannot answer any of these questions without any more information from me I am sorry I cannot answer your question without any further information from you :wink: And if you do answer make sure it has to be ageeed by everyone otherwise that answer will be deemed incorrect :wink:

I hope you get the point. There is NO ANSWER to your question

2 Likes

it was just a playful question sorry i didn’t mean for it to come across that way

Folks

I suggest new posters to move to this year’s thread:

The best BS/MD is the one where you thrive, where you feel at home, where you have made friends, and where you look forward to going every day!

1 Like

Give your best shot with an open mind and realistic expectations that some programs will find candidates with higher GPAs and equivalent ECs and decide to call them for an interview.
But I think you may be able to survive one B+.

If you are a current senior matriculating into college this Fall, I suggest you take a clean break.
Spend time with family and friends and create memories that will help you in college and beyond.

@texaspg @skieurope

Can we close this thread and ask all posters to post on the 2022-23 BS/MD/DO thread?

1 Like

I saw your clarification that it’s a playful question…

The best BSMD is the ONE where you get admitted into with your needs… it’s like a relationship/date/marriage…not everyone will be happy with Person X or Person Y but someone else may be happy with them.

:heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

@collegegirl104
The midyear report lists senior-year grades for college applicants. School counselors fill out the midyear report and include recommendations. Colleges use midyear reports to help make admission decisions. Not all colleges ask for a midyear report — check to see if your target schools do.
Some were able to get in to BSMD programs having GPA <3.9, you can see their profiles in the last and previous years’ BSMD results threads. Good luck.

1 Like

Closing this thread so people continuing to ask questions can move to the new thread.

1 Like