Thread for BS/MD BS/DO 2021-2022

Did your relative go through BSMD ?

Please do not consider these tiers as some prescribed list. These were figments of imagination in some one’s head. See post by Forum Champion @texaspg.

2 Likes

deleted

– deleted

@haveaniceday624 - Apply to 12-15 bsmd programs. your current list is too short.

You should add these (temple, fau, ou, vcu, lecom, and hofstra) to your list. LECOM is a bsdo program, if I remember correctly. I don’t think either of these have instate preference.

On the other hand, You should apply to all applicable in state texas bsmd programs since they do have a in state preference and since you are instate, this will benefit you!

Ok. I have updated my list: rice/baylor, brown, texas tech, cwru, uroch, bu, hofstra, vcu, ou, lecom, fau, and temple.

Are there any other ones I should apply to? What about the programs at Drexel or UAB? Do you recommend applying to a few BS/DOs?

1 Like

Drexel is considered expensive. You should expect to be fullpay for 8 years and Financial aid is usually loans.

1 Like

Definitely apply to both. You could also apply to SUNY upstate medical school feeders (there are a number of them such as Albany, Syracuse, Purchase, Adelphi etc.).

Just an observation - Your list is heavy on private colleges for UG part (except for 3-4). These are usually costly unless they give scholarship. So, just keep this in mind. In-state public university bsmd programs in texas are your best options - so do include these!

deleted

Thank You Vicky2019 for the info.

1 Like

Hi! Can someone please post a complete list of BS/MD programs please? TIA

Have you gone through the posts in this thread ? Have you gone through previous years Result thread. You will find what you need. Do some work and research yourself.

1 Like

@HS_2022 IMO, with your ACT score 32 and UW HS GPA 3.9, you should not apply to any BSMD program unless you raise it to 35/36. You should seriously consider regular route MD. Do well in UG and MCAT. Most programs would screen out your BSMD application with ACT 32 score and UW HS GPA 3.9, IMO.

1 Like

Thank You grtd2010 for the info and suggestion.

@haveaniceday624

Apply broadly.

One point to note, unless you want to do academic medicine, medical school ranking means little.
Medical school standards ensure every doctor is qualified.

Why are you thinking BS/DO?

I have seen kids getting a break for undergrad - $25-30K at Drexel.

Typically not those in bs/md. According to debt rankings, Drexel usually shows up in the top few.

@HS_2022

Your kid’s ACT score is on the lower side.
If the weighted GPA is out of 5, then the GPA may also be on the lower side.

Can s/he up the ACT score?

In the just concluded cycle, one of my BS/MD students received nearly $30K/year scholarship from Drexel.

How many do they admit in the program and how many scholarships do they give?

https://www.usnews.com/best-graduate-schools/top-medical-schools/debt-residents-rankings

I believe this list is only counting medical school debt.