***Thread for BS/MD/DO 2022-2023***

Congrats!!! What date did you interview and when did you hear the result?

1 Like

just wondering if any med related volunteer or activities after High School senior graduation summer before college fall start are considered to meet MD requirement?

1 Like

Does any one purchase/ upstate interview?
Anyone know about purchase college more? My D are oos. Any advice will take a consideration.

1 Like

Depending on the program. Some actually stipulate that anything during that summer won’t count.

2 Likes

Anyword on UMKC results?

1 Like

Not yet, afaik. Didn’t they release by this time last year?

Last year it was March 18

My medical school Interviews:

NJIT/NJMS : end of Jan
Siena/AMC : end of Feb
Drexel/Drexel: mid Feb

I did not hear anything yet

2 Likes

Thank you

VCU publicly released matchlist
https://medschool.vcu.edu/education/medical-education/match-day-2023/match-list/

No, Temple doesn’t require more than usual research and volunteer. They haven’t specified hours.

Temple / Temple, SLU, and PPSP of Case Western BSMD programs require a Medical School application and Interview in Junior year. Do any other programs have similar requirements?

OU (Oklahoma) But only need to take MCAT and submit application. No interview.

3 Likes

Boston U has similar requirements. I am pretty sure there are others. I would consider these school “interview guaranty only”.
It is important to find out the matriculation rate to Med school for the BSMD students at Temple. For example, SLU matriculation rate is about 50% which is not attractive. I understand that it could also be because the students apply out, but it still says something about the school
 what are they NOT doing right that cause the students either not make the grade, not make the MCAT, not having enough clinical/research hours, or apply out???
Even though I think you should do your due diligence, I would still pick Temple over UCLA because at UCLA, your D is just one of hundreds if not thousands of Biology major students.

1 Like

@akpman
agree with @Srk2017.
S got into UCLA, UCSD and UC Irvine. Waiting for Berkeley and a bunch of schools on the East Coast. He has been tossing around some non-sense about UCLA and SD, and I have been trying to advise him not to go to UCLA or SD if he wants to go into Pre-Health. I may have to pull I-am-not-paying card if he makes unwise decision! lol.

2 Likes

Every BSMD program requires you to submit an AMCAS or their state application because of med sxhool admissions processing. However the other schools dont require an interviee. The AMCAS application is because of the process.

2 Likes

Can you please share your Stats

1 Like

A lot would do interview as a formality to be sure that they don’t get really bad vibes from you (maturity and ethic-wise) because the last time they saw you was 2-3 year ago, but not as a make-or-break thing.

ORM
Top boarding school in state/ merit scholar
1540 SAT
3.93/4.0 GPA UW
14 AP/IB , no AP scores
National finalist in 2 different activities
Qualified for Nationals in a sport
800 hours of volunteering but no shadowing
A school leadership position
Strong recommendation letters from coach and volunteering mentor

1 Like

UMKC results are out