***Thread for BS/MD/DO 2022-2023***

VCU Inv

As heard from a source, The VCU invites will come today (most likely)

2 Likes

UIC GPPA invites are being sent out.

1 Like

Are they coming out in waves?

Are both interview invites and rejections going to be sent our?

What I see on VCU site : Details - Honors College - Virginia Commonwealth University

under Selection section is …

The selection committee meets in the third week of January to review complete applications; all applicants are notified later that month by email whether they’ve been invited for interviews. Interviews are conducted in January, February and March. Because of the limited number of guaranteed positions, not all applicants are interviewed, even though they may be highly qualified.

3 Likes

Thanks!

I believe Temple/Temple come put rejections/invites come out.

2 Likes

Interesting ranking site below for BS MD program on college vine site how much experts agree ?? What is the criteria ??

https://blog.college vine.com/best-bs-md-programs/

They now changed Baylor Baylor to top 5 in this ranking , aren’t there other ways to go Baylor SOM through other Texas undergrad institutions as they have more intake

There are Baylor seats via University of Houston (used to be 10) but they can’t be applied to. These are seats given to students from a health specialty school called Debakey High School who have to attend University of Houston. The requirements for MCAT is low (505 with minimums in each) and not very hard GPA requirements.

1 Like

Received a VCU BS MD invitation. Really grateful and would appreciate any tips from others who have completed the interview! @Achutom do you recall your daughter’s experience at all? Also how does she like the program so far?

1 Like

Received the interview invite today.

2 Likes

My DS received notification that his application was forwarded to NJMS. Do we need to wait till March to know if NJMS will invite for an interview or not?

She likes the college and the program so far. They had MMI style.

1 Like

That’s great! Any tips on prepping for MMI style interviews?

Congratulations…

Thank you!

I have not heard if NJMS has started interviewing students yet.
But yes, unless you get an explicit rejection, you are in consideration.

1 Like

The best way to prepare for any interviews is to do mock interviews.

3 Likes

@NoviceDad do you know if the Pitt GAP supplemental form is limited to 3 experiences for each of the 5 sections that are on there? whenever I clicked “add experience” nothing would happen, but I heard from someone that when they clicked it, a whole other box appeared to add info. I submitted mine much earlier than them, so I think they fixed their super buggy form after I had submitted. I feel like that is kinda unfair to be honest