Thread for BSMD 2020-2021 Applicants (Part 1)

@nesmed, Yes, they will send a WebEx link a week or 2 before the interview.

@Undecided3494, Thank you so much for your detailed responses!

i just got the email with the link today

2 Likes

My D got accepted into RU-N undergrad. No update on the BA-MD yet.

1 Like

@Undecided3494

Good to hear back from you and great to learn you are enjoying studies at AMC and thanks for volunteering to share info and help.

I believe the tuition charged will be same regardless of 3 or 4 courses enrolled per term?

(Know of few other BA/MD progs that allow students overload if they meet certain gpa criteria, for the same tuition)

i just submitted by rice/baylor supp and I got no confirmation email but the website said your application has been received. anyone else having this problem? is there need for worry?

There is no need to worry about the results from now - especially since there is a long way to go. There is a lot of screening for BSMDs including Interview invites, interview results etc
and you will hear (or not hear) from colleges all the way upto April 1st week. This is the reason why students apply to 10-12 programs, hoping they will get interviewed by 4-5 programs and ultimately be selected to atleast one or more program (& several strong Undergrad programs)

Do stay strong and positive. You will gain a lot from this experience.

2 Likes

Hi,
Anyone applied to Montclair BS/MD program ? Now that it is a 8 year combined program, would NJMS treat it as a feeder school and interview only once between NJIT and Montclair ?
NJMS website doesn’t show Montclair as one of its

Thank you

Thanks for answering my questions. I was not sure and has sent AP scores to all colleges so far. I hope that does not cause any harm to the application.

AP scores are most useful when you enroll and want to claim AP credit. Most students simply self-report their AP scores in the Common Application.

AP scores can also be a good substitute for SAT subject tests. Some colleges (like NYU) ask students to submit either 2-3 SAT subject scores or 2-3 AP scores or 2-3 IB scores etc
 My guess is, some colleges consider these as a single category which helps to prove that the student has a good understanding of the subject material and has proved this in the form of a national test (AP/SAT)

However, if you have good scores and have already sent them to all the colleges, what harm can come out of it?

The only possible harm for students is financial burden since IMO, it can become too expensive to send all AP scores to all the colleges.
For example - say it costs $15 per AP score and you have 10 AP exams. It can cost $150 dollars per college. If you applied to 10 colleges, the total money spent would be $1500!!! In addition students still have to pay the application fees and fees for other tests.

i’m guessing we hear back from Baylor tomorrow

It has been sometime since undergrad acceptance, has anyone received Albany med supplemental essays yet? Also is anyone aware of how long we get to write those essays once we get them?

I had the same problem. However, when they gave me access to the portal, it showed that they received the supplement.

Its $15 to send all your AP scores to one college (not $15 per AP course). Also, I noticed that you cannot pick and choose which AP scores to send to a college (like you can do in SAT scores). It sends them all.

Thanks for the detailed response. And yes, it is $15 to send all AP scores to a school as @rk1235rk mentioned. Thank you both.

@rk1235rk & @anxiousfor7year - I am glad that the financial burden is not as high as I expected.

But as @rk1235rk mentioned, need to be careful if its not possible to pick/choose which AP test scores to send in case a few of the scores were not 4 or 5

1 Like

I went to a Montclair state zoom question meeting and when I asked about the BS/MD program, they said they stopped that program so it doesn’t exist this year.

@SpicyCarrot log into your GoBaylor and there is a scholarship program update

hmmm

on their website it still shows up as a 8 year program.

https://www.montclair.edu/csam/programs-and-opportunities/health-careers-program/health-careers-program-combined-bs-md-program-eight-year/

Guys