Timing of campus tour for honors

<p>Is it better to visit on a weekday or weekend for a campus tour and honors information?</p>

<p>Weekday for sure. That’s when the profs are there. If you go on the weekend, most faculty and others aren’t on campus.</p>

<p>Since you’re in honors…</p>

<p>set up a campus tour time online…try for the early morning one.
[Campus</a> Visits - Undergraduate Admissions - The University of Alabama](<a href=“http://gobama.ua.edu/visits/]Campus”>Visit)</p>

<p>send an email to Allison Verhine in the Honors College </p>

<p>In the email, include:</p>

<p>tour time and date
student name & contact info
test scores and GPA
(if a likely NMF, indicate so)
intended major
professional interests (pre-med, pre-law, pre-dental, etc)
interest in Computer Based Honors program and/or University Fellows Program (if desired)
Also, include any thing else that interests you about the school…such as touring the new Science and Engineering Complex and Shelby Hall. </p>

<p>Allison will arrange the rest of the day…meeting with dept heads, honors faculty, touring honors dorms, etc.</p>

<p>Allison Verhine - Honor College Recruitment Coordinator
269 Nott Hall
205-348-5534
<a href=“mailto:allison.verhine@ua.edu”>allison.verhine@ua.edu</a></p>

<p>We did this last Monday. Met with the assoc. dean of the Honors College at 9, and then took the tour at 10. Allison arranged a dorm tour for us after the tour. We blew off meeting with any department reps, as my son has no strong convictions about what he wants to study. </p>

<p>See the dorm if you can possibly squeeze it in. Compared to the rathole of a dorm I had in college, it’s a freaking mansion. REALLY turned my son’s head.</p>

<p>Thanks for the information. We are looking to visit during an October weekday then.</p>