To appeal, or not to appeal?

<p>I have a question about financial aid.</p>

<p>I have been given a grant that constitutes 75% of the tuition, plus a grant that covers the health insurance. Although I am very grateful I wonder whether I could appeal.</p>

<p>I come from a single parent household and to be honest my Parent is somewhat careless. P has debts and a tendency to make payments long after the deadlines. I worry about the consequences if P misses a payment, or if it turns out P cannot pay at all. P doesn't have a fixed salary and P's annual income is very unreliable, therefore P may end up making enough to more than cover what I have to pay, or make a lot less than expected and not be able to pay anything at all.</p>

<p>My EFC is of 21000$, 23k without work-study. Right now P's annual income is of around 48k, and I have a sibling in college. P's debts are of around 50k. P's tentatively expected 2011 salary was of around 70k, P somehow convinced me it was very possible, but it's already April and it doesn't seem so possible after all...</p>

<p>Would Hampshire consider raising the amount of my grant?</p>

<p>I also wonder whether an appeal may jeopardize my acceptance to Hampshire. I really love the school, and I am definitely going there and the last thing I want is for their decision to alter.</p>

<p>Thank you. :)</p>

<p>Also, I forgot to mention. I am an international student.</p>

<p>You have been accepted and offered an aid package, so they are not going to pull your acceptance if you appeal your aid package. The worst thing that will happen is that they will tell you that they can’t give you any more.</p>

<p>I didn’t think so, but I just wanted to make sure. Just in case. Thanks :)</p>