Too much for first semester?

<p>The college slackers probably did okay, not at the top or in top professions. “Successful” has many definitions. More options available to those who have better credentials, therefore more control of your future.</p>

<p>Remember- your primary reason to be at UW is the academics. The activities are for enjoyment, they will never replace your courses taken and gpa when looking for a professional job. barrons and I have different backgrounds- business and chemistry/medicine, respectively. When both of us agree on a detail pay heed- it makes sense from more than one perspective.</p>

<p>You could short change yourself in the long run by fitting in academics in around playtime. The best future employees will be able to handle a full time job (school) as well as activities. Those who choose to take lighter loads in college are not preparing for this as well as those who prove they can handle the usual work load. The great number of activities available is a reflection of the size of UW and the diversity of interests of the students. While there is room on your resume for clubs and other organized activities there is none for drinking and partying instead of studying- choosing these over an extra credit or two will not help you.</p>

<p>Entering freshmen can handle as much as later on, no need to get a slow start.</p>

<p>I took 14 my first semester and I should have taken more. I didn’t have to work very hard, so I partied too much! Second semester was a rude awakening. Take the sixteen!!</p>