Tranferring

Is the Columbia University’s School of General Studies as prestigious as other colleges within Columbia?
Will I be a competitive job applicant to a big investment banks as much as a CC or SEAS graduate?

No. General Studies is not as prestigious. Acceptance rate is about 35% for Columbia School of Graduate Studies.

With respect to employment, another poster has shared the placement statistics below this post. Significant difference re: median & mean salaries when comparing General Studies to CC & SEAS.

Here are the 2020 career placement outcomes for School of General Studies. Looks like 14.6% of grads went into IB. By job function, 16.2% went into finance, 12% into consulting. I’m sure the career center can provide more details.

The IB percentage for GS is similar to that of CC and SEAS, where 14.7% of grads went to IB in 2020:

1 Like

No one outside of Columbia cares and anyone fixated on prestige between colleges that take the same classes is ngmi.

1 Like

That could be, which I why I directed OP to get more details from the career center. Do you have a source for the relative IB median and mean salaries? Those reports above really don’t get at that clearly.

No, I only used the charts which you provided in your post in this thread. Very helpful & on point. Thank you.