Transfer student hoping to attend Morehouse or Howard...

So I was originally denied to Howard University while I was in high school but I got accepted into Morehouse. Unfortunately I received very little financial aid from Morehouse and I ended up attending a community college for two years. I just received my acceptance letter from Howard and I am still waiting on Morehouse. As a Political Science major hoping to get into department of education, I am thinking Howard might be a really good fit. However, I am worried that I will not get enough aid to cover the costs. I also applied to Emory, American University, USC, UCLA, and UCSD ( I live in California).I really would like to attend an HBCU but besides the costs, I am worried about meeting new people especially because I am a transfer student. I would like to know if any students from Morehouse or Howard were transfer students and if so, what was their overall experience like? Was it easy to connect with people and adjust?

I don’t think it’s wise to get into heavy debt if you plan to stay a liberal arts major and go into education, a field that traditionally doesn’t pay well. I say go to the best most affordable school which means you might want to re-evaluate your list of options.

My suggestions:
*Morgan State is only an hour outside DC and is a reputable HBCU with a decent campus. Not to mention very affordable compared to Howard and the other schools on your list. Morgan State and Howard are big rivals btw.
*North Carolina A&T University is another reputable HBCU on the east coast that’s not far from DC and has a strong alumni base in the DC area (along with Morgan State). And it’s not mad expensive either, winning!!
*VCU is a reputable school with a lively and visible black community (blks make up at least 10%). Not that far from DC and they have a really good basketball team which means extra fun during the Spring semester.
*Georgia State is another reputable school and is the only state school in the nation that is majority black. It’s in ATL, sorta east coast, and you won’t be far from experiencing the pros of the AUC so social life should be pretty active. Georgia State is a hidden secret in ATL, it’s quickly approaching Tier 1 university status in my opinion
*Texas Southern University just because it’s my school and a legit option in Houston lol. TSU is one of the better HBCUs and it’s quite affordable compared to Howard and Morehouse.

And don’t worry about meeting new people because you’re a transfer, transferring is quite common nowadays. Just remain open to meet people and always make yourself approachable (don’t be on your phone in public areas with many ppl, join campus clubs, go to sporting events, etc)

@thawkins2015‌