TS (hurricane to be) Karen headed for TTown?

<p>Predicted path looks like Tuscaloosa will feel the effects early next week.</p>

<p>[Dr</a>. Jeff Masters’ WunderBlog : Tropical Storm Karen Forms in the Gulf of Mexico | Weather Underground](<a href=“http://www.wunderground.com/blog/JeffMasters/article.html?entrynum=2540]Dr”>http://www.wunderground.com/blog/JeffMasters/article.html?entrynum=2540)</p>

<p>I’ve been watching that storm as well. My in-laws live in Mobile, they look to be set for a direct hit sometime during Saturday night. The storm then is predicted to continue hooking to the right. Doesn’t look like T-town will get too much</p>

<p>Although the NOAA.gov site says it is unavailable because of the government shutdown, thankfully they are still providing information on the storms:</p>

<p>“Due to the Federal Government shutdown, NOAA.gov and most associated web sites are unavailable. However, because the information this site provides is necessary to protect life and property, it will be updated and maintained during the Federal Government shutdown.”</p>

<p>How nice of them :slight_smile: The national parks may be closed, but at least weather tracking is still functioning!</p>

<p>You can view the projected path of Karen here:
[Tropical</a> Storm KAREN](<a href=“POST-TROPICAL CYCLONE ARLENE”>POST-TROPICAL CYCLONE ARLENE)</p>

<p>Looks like it is predicted to be a Tropical Storm by the time it is over the coast of Alabama. Based on the NOAA projected track, T-town will be on the northwest outside edge of the storm (backside of the storm). Best place to be. They will probably still get bands of rain and maybe some wind this weekend. Hopefully no tornadoes!</p>

<p>That thing is coming to my house.</p>

<p>By the time it gets to the Tuscaloosa area, it will be mostly rain.</p>

<p>My parents live on Dauphin Island, Alabama part of the year. They are on a spit of sand barrier island, and no one is hardly batting an eye down there about this. Rain, wind, gone!</p>

<p>There were way to many hours pomping the yard signs for rain to ruin them! Go away rain, you are never wanted on game day.</p>