Two- or Four-person honors freshman dorm?

<p>Add me to the group that recommends the 4-person suites. Not only do you save money, but oftentimes ones roommates will have entirely different schedules, so it’s like living in a 1 or 2-person suite. Remember that one does not have to be best friends with their roommate(s). In fact, it is almost preferable to be more like friendly neighbors as the drama that often comes along with friendship is not there. This is not to say that there won’t be drama with non-best friend roommates, but it’s nice to have to have a sort-of oasis away from ones social life when one needs a change of pace.</p>

<p>I echo momreads about some guys being very lazy. While I might not have a squeaky-clean house all the time, I’ve been amazed at the way some students, both guys and gals, don’t keep up their apartments/dorm rooms.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Ah, yes. My college roommate freshman year was also my best friend and a veritable pig. We lived in a traditional dorm room: a rectangular shoe box too small for one. He was such a slob that the condition of our room deteriorated to the point that a bunch of guys on our floor confronted me and insisted I take action. </p>

<p>So, one day while my roomie was in class several of us piled ALL of his expansive mess haphazardly on his side of the room and laid down a ceiling-to-wall-to-floor stripe of masking tape along the mid-line of the room. I then left for several hours and when I returned the room was immaculate. Heck, even the tape was gone. ;)</p>

<p>To this day my pal has yet to mention a word about The Intervention. We’re still good friends and the room remained serviceable the rest of the semester.</p>

<p>Love that story.
I felt sorry for my D’s roomate freshman year. She was a varsity athlete, so even though the team washed the uniforms, the training stuff was around the tiny room. Plus she isn’t very neat.</p>