UA Early College and Honors College

I am a current high school senior, and have eight (and counting) hours at UAEC. I have taken psychology, computer science principles, and am planning on taking Precalculus and Intro into theatre. In Honors College, I know I have to take certain honors courses. How does this work with the classes I have and will be taking at UAEC? What do they do about AP credit? I suppose I should also mention that I have declared nursing as my major.

Your credits (including AP, IB, CLEP, and college classes) will be awarded as non-honons equivalents. If you are looking to graduate with an honors degree you will still be required to take the appropriate number of honors hours. You can go to “registrar.ua.edu” and search the table on the left for Transfer Equivelency Table or in the main body for Credit by By Examination for any AP, CLEP, or IB classes. I hope that helps.
Roll Tide!

Upon successfully completing the required number of Honors courses, a student receives a certificate from the Honors College following his or her graduation. There is no seal or distinction on a student’s diploma for completing the Honors requirement since a student doesn’t actually graduate from or earn s degree from the Honors College. The diploma will, however, indicate Greek honors such as Summa Cum Laude.

As for credits earned through UAEC, your UAEC gpa and dual enrollment courses will count towards your UA gpa. Credits earned through AP or CLEP will show as pass fail. Be especially cautious with science classes if you will be a pre nursing major as those classes count twice when applying for admission to upper division unless that has changed recently.

As for earning Honors credit through UAEC, there was only one course as far as I am aware that provided a student the opportunity to earn Honors hours. It was a service learning class through UAEC and required special approval and documentation of the service prior to registration.