UAlabama Class of 2023 ~ Who’s Applied? Who’s Been Accepted?

Student Gender: Male

Home State: Colorado

Date Applied: 7/29

Date Accepted: Waiting for school to send transcripts

Have you visited the campus?: No

Major: Biology (Pre-Med)

Applying to the Honors College?: Yes

Career goal(s): Doctor

ACT: 33

Happy to update my daughter was accepted today. Transcripts were received Tuesday, August 7 and accepted today, Wednesday, August 8. Love their quick turn around!

Home State: Pune, India (American Citizen Living Abroad)

Date Applied: 8/7

Date Accepted: Transcripts Mailed on 8/8

Major: Engineering (Mostly Aerospace and minor in Mathematics)

Career goal(s): Engineering and Research

SAT: 1370. 7 Cambridge International Examinations - IGCSE and 2 A - Levels and One AS Level. 1 AP

D was notified that all pieces of application were received on 7/31 … but still no news! Should she be concerned? She really wants to start Senior year with an acceptance …

Her stats did qualify her for OOS scholarship so she is a competitive applicant.

We didn’t get an email that our son was accepted but when we logged into my son’s mybama account it was there. Hope it’s good news for you too.

Home State: Pennsylvania, applying as an international student graduating from U.S. High School

Date Applied: 8/9

Date Accepted: 8/11

Major: Computer Science

Career goal(s): Hopefully, get an MBA after Undergrad and work at Google

Any else you’d like to mention: GPA (4.0 Scale): 3.9189
SAT: 1460

Student Gender: M

Home State: IL

Date Applied: 7/8

Date Accepted: 8/11 (had to resend transcript)

Have you visited the campus?: Yes

Major: News Media

Career goal(s): Not sure

ACT: 34
Gpa: 4.4

Have you logged onto mybama? If so, are there any new tabs? If not, call Admissions or your recruiter on Monday. Something sounds odd if all pieces of the app, including transcript and test scores, were received by 7/31.

The only other thing I can think of is that the school gets busy at this time processing some last minute transfers

D logged in Friday, but said there it was still under review. But a big envelope arrived yesterday with ACCEPTANCE on front!!

Need to wait til D returns from trip tonight to see what’s inside. Killing me …

Our trip to Bama was great. D considered it a “safety” but after our Spring tour said there was no need to apply anywhere that she didn’t like more … so only a couple applications needed.

Student Gender: F

Home State: PA

Date Applied: 8/14
Date Transcript received by UA: 8/20

Date Accepted: 8/21

Have you visited the campus?: Y

Major: Interior Design

Applying to the Honors College?: No

Career goal(s): undecided on specifics

ACT 24, unweighted GPA 2.9

@Longhaul congrats! Is this your daughter?

My Son got Admitted. Thank You all

My son was accepted.

Student Gender:Male

Home State:SC

Date Applied: 7/2

Date Accepted: 8/23 (took a bit for transcript to be sent)

Have you visited the campus?: Yes
Major: Computer Engineering

Career goal(s): Software Engineer

Any else you’d like to mention:
ACT: 36
GPA 4.0/4.0 UW
We were terribly impressed with Alabama and the wonderful staff and faculty there. I don’t know where he will go, but this school made an excellent impression. I highly recommend a visit!

@SCMomofTwo congrats! With your son’s stats, he’ll be awarded …

Presidential Elite

A student with a 4.0 GPA and a 36 ACT or 1600 SAT will be selected as a Presidential Elite Scholar and will receive:

Value of tuition for up to four years for degree-seeking undergraduate and graduate or law studies
One year of on-campus housing at regular room rate
$1,000 per year stipend for four years
$2,000 one-time allowance for use in summer research or international study (after completing one year of study at UA)
$2,000 book scholarship ($500 per year for four years)

They have generous scholarships at Alabama! We are waiting with baited breath to hear about the NM status. I think that one is even more impressive, but Presidential is amazing too!

@mom2collegekids, yes, my daughter and the last of 3. She is applying to a large number of schools. She is torn between Arts Administration/Museum Studies and Interior Design. So far she has 3 acceptances - UA, Iowa State (which she won’t attend as she prefers UA) and our in-state directional, Kutztown University. Kutztown doesn’t have Interior Design. UA at full pay OOS will be very difficult and some things are dependent on her middle brother who is starting freshman year at UVM (Vermont) and him maintaining his scholarship.

DH is extremely excited. The oldest just graduated in May and DH is already missing Ttown.

Home State: IA

Date Applied: 8/14

Date Accepted: 8/29

Have you visited the campus?: No. Scheduled for 10/20

Major: Physics

ACT: 32 GPA :3.63

Student Gender: M

Home State: OH

Date Applied: 8/27

Date Accepted: 8/30

Have you visited the campus?: Y

Major: Marketing

Applying to the Honors College?: Y

Career goal(s): Unsure

ACT: 30

GPA: 3.7

Yes, the NMF Scholarship is even better… FIVE years tuition AND FOUR years of housing and $3500 annual stipend

Value of tuition for up to five years or 10 semesters for degree-seeking undergraduate and graduate (or law) studies
Four years of on-campus housing at regular room rate* (based on assignment by Housing and Residential Communities)
$3,500 per year Merit Scholarship stipend for four years.**
One-time allowance of $2,000 for use in summer research or international study (after completing one year of study at UA)
$2,000 book scholarship ($500 per year for four years)

Fingers crossed for your son. Is his PSAT score close to your state’s NMSF score cutoff?

Home State: WA

Date Applied: 8/25

Date Accepted: 8/31

Have you visited the campus?: N

Major: Premed

Applying to the Honors College?: Y

Career goal(s): MD

Any else you’d like to mention: SAT 1370; GPA: 3.9 unweighted.