UAlabama Class of 2023 ~ Who’s Applied? Who’s Been Accepted?

The scholarship letters came about a week after the acceptance letter.

Does anyone know if additional scholarships are awarded by being a member of the Honors College? My Son got his acceptance into Honors today, wondering if that means any additional money.

No - no additional merit money for Honors college.

My daughter got a letter in the mail for the Presidential Elite Scholarship but we don’t see anything about it in the portal. Are we missing it somewhere?

Student Gender:F

Home State:International student from US high school

Date Applied: 07/24

Date Accepted:09/24

Have you visited the campus?:nO

Major: Electrical engineer

Applying to the Honors College?: Maybe

Any else you’d like to mention
Received an email saying that the school only email admit letter from the admission office
Is it true ??

Student Gender: Son
Home State: AR
Date Applied:9/20
Date Accepted:9/26
Have you visited the campus?: No
Major: Biology or Chemistry (premed)
Applying to the Honors College?: yes
Career goal(s): physician
Any else you’d like to mention: 35 ACT, 3.8 GPA , NMSF

S19 received letter awarding Presidential Elite. Nothing in portal yet.

How long does it take for international students to receive scholarship offers from the school?

sorry for the question, but after you apply to Alabama, I thought I read you can only apply for the auto awards AFTER being accepted. So if my child qualifies for the Presidential, does he have to apply for that with the scholarship application in the Bama portal? or it is automatic???

@LvMyKids2 - your student needs to fill out the scholarship app (very easy) and submit even for auto-awards.

@mountainmomof3 i called yesterday and was told that auto awards DID NOT need to fill out scholarship award form. Only for other departmental awards. Weird???

That seems right to me. The automatic merit aid is strictly based on numbers and not on anything else.

@LvMyKids2 - huh? That is weird because after S19 applied his regional recruiter reached to him to make sure he filled out the scholarship application to receive merit awards. Either way, not hard to fill out just in case! :slight_smile:

Student Gender:F

Home State: NY

Date Applied: 9/19 (Transcripts sent 10/3)

Date Accepted: 10/5

Major: Social Work

Applying to the Honors College?: No

Any else you’d like to mention
ROLL TIDE :slight_smile:

Student Gender: F

Home State: Maryland

Date Applied: 7/3/18 (Transcripts sent 10/8/18)

Date Accepted: 10/10/18

Major: Early Childhood Education

Applying to the Honors College?: No

Career goal(s): Teacher

Any else you’d like to mention: 3.43 UW GPA, 3.7 W & 1290 SAT.

Student Gender: Male

State of Residency: North Carolina

Date Applied: July 1st

Date Accepted: Application still pending

Have you visited the campus?: Yes, and it was AMAZING. The Disney World of colleges.

Major: Political Science (Pre-Med) w/ minor in Judaic Studies
Odd combination I know

Applying to the Honors College?: Awaiting final ACT scores but tentatively yes.

Career goal(s): Neonatologist

Any else you’d like to mention:
Shoutout to my regional admissions representative for being an awesome resource for me!

Hi @mom2collegekids I am not sure if you are still active on CC but you seem to be a good person to ask about Alabama admissions. My daughter has a 3.01 unweighted cumulative, from an independent school in the Washington DC area, but she’s only taken the SAT once and got an 870. We are scared to apply because of the low SAT, but we want to do is asap so she can get early housing signup access. She is supposed to take the ACT on 10/27/18, and I have lined up a tutor. (but would love to avoid paying for that if she can get in Bama with her existing score). Alabama is her first choice. Both her grandparents went there, but we are from out of state. Do you have any thoughts on this? Thanks in advance. I enjoy reading your posts.

Update: Presidential scholarship letter received on Oct. 15, 2018.

DD19
TX
W 4.19 SAT 1510 ACT 33
Honors College acceptance (email; not in portal)
Presidential scholarship (letter, not in portal)
Very excited! Bama is one of her top choices!!!

Questions:

1. Should we go ahead and fill out the housing contract, and pay deposit now? It looks like it is nonbinding, and if you don't go, you can cancel by 05/01 with no penalty/refund except for the $25 fee? The after-acceptance process is also quite overwhelming! And it seems you have to be careful which schools have binding or nonbinding housing contracts?
  2. DD will apply for UFE. The way I interpret it, the deadline is 12/15, so is there any disadvantage to applying closer to the deadline? We were thinking to visit in late November and then submit this application after the visit, but worried it would affect her chances. She really has nothing more to add to her resume at this point, and her essays are ready to go.

Thank you so much!

Student gender: F

Home state: CA

Date applied: 10/15

Date accepted: 10/17

Have you visited: No

Major: Biology

Applying to the Honors College: Yes

Career goal(s): Medicine

Anything else you’d like to mention: 31 ACT, 3.8 UW GPA Roll Tide!!