UA's Graduate School Preview Day (9/12/13)

<p>Greetings from the University of Alabama Graduate School! As a result of your academic performance thus far, we would like to invite you to attend Graduate School Preview Day on Thursday, September 12, 2013, beginning at 3:00 p.m. in The University of Alabama Ferguson Student Center.</p>

<p>The purpose of this FREE event is to provide information to current UA students (and prospective graduate students from other institutions) interested in pursuing a graduate degree at The University of Alabama. You will get to attend an opening session covering the benefits of graduate education, participate in a breakout session on your program of interest, and attend a reception with other prospective students, current graduate students, and faculty/staff.</p>

<p>Also, as a special service, the Kaplan Education Center, Inc. (now offering graduate admissions test preparation classes through The University of Alabama Center for Teaching and Learning) will be on hand to provide you with the opportunity to take a FREE practice test for the GRE or LSAT.</p>

<p>Again, attendance is free, but for planning purposes, we do ask that you pre-register by Monday, September 9, 2013 by visiting the following site: [Preview</a> Day](<a href=“http://graduate.ua.edu/events/previewday.html]Preview”>http://graduate.ua.edu/events/previewday.html). You can also visit that link for a more detailed agenda. Again, we do ask that you pre-register by Monday, September 9, 2013. </p>

<p>We look forward to seeing you on September 12, 2012 at 3:00 p.m. at the Graduate School Preview Day. Also on the same date, the Graduate School will be hosting a symposium honoring UA’s “Through the Doors” 50th anniversary. This event will be held from 9:45-11:30am in the Ferguson Center Theater and will focus on UA’s efforts in taking a national leadership role in African-American graduate education. If you would like more information on this event, please shoot me an email and I will get back to you.</p>

<p>Sincerely,</p>

<p>Blake Bedsole
Director of Graduate Recruitment
The University of Alabama</p>

<p>102 Rose Administration Building
Tuscaloosa, AL 35487</p>

<p><a href=“mailto:bbedsole@ua.edu”>bbedsole@ua.edu</a><a href=“p”>/email</a> 205/348-7863
(f) 205/348-0400</p>

<p>Thank you, thank you, thank you! Son will be taking the GRE in October, so I hope he can take advantage of the Kaplan free test!</p>

<p>Again, thank you so much for your generosity in sharing these emails!</p>

<p>Also wanted to add that on my numerous train trips over the last month to Tuscaloosa, I met many grad students from all over the country. Most of them were actually doing physics grad school and came from pretty good tech schools, like Georgia Tech and RIT. I was pretty impressed!</p>