UC App Predicament

I’m filling out my 9th grade grades on the UC app. However, for my foreign language class, I took Spanish 1 in 8th grade, but in 9th grade I took one semester of Spanish 1, then took Spanish 2 for 1 semester. What do I put for that on the app when it doesn’t let me leave blanks? btw I took a full year of Spanish 3 in 10th grades, so do I qualify the UC course requirements?

Also, do I need to put AP in the course name? For example, AP English Literature or just English Literature

I would suggest you email the admissions office to be 100% certain, but my guess is that since you took Spanish 1 in both 8th and 9th grade, you probably shouldn’t put it, even if the Spanish 1 course you took in 9th grade picked up where your 8th grade course left off, since they both have the same course name and will likely be treated as the same course by admissions officers. You could put something about it in the Additional Comments section of the Academic History part if you really want, but I doubt it will make a huge difference either way.

I can’t say anything about putting high school course names in because I didn’t have to type them out, I just had to select them from a checklist. But mine did have AP in the name.