*UC Berkeley Class of 2025 discussion**

1500 SAT and pretty good ECs

What were you stats?

Any MET rejected applicant here?

Someone put a link for this group chat for students (scroll up) and for some people it says access invalid. No idea who put the link or if its even credible, all speculation.

1 Like

I got the “will not come to Berkeley” message but I got waitlisted at UCLA and UCSD (and a bunch of other schools). On the other hand, I got merit scholarships at many LACs, so idk if this indicator is correct or not (tbh I don’t think I could get into Cal)

Admissions are too random this year. You never know.

1 Like

everyone with regents has the will not be coming to berkeley. it has to indicate something imo

2 Likes

you were not rejected from UCLA - this is already an achievement

2 Likes

i have been rejected from every selective uni so far - the pain istg

same. :-X

someone on reddit says that the source code for the predicted “waitlist” theory is the same as the source code for the “acceptance” theory

uh can you translate this to English please :skull:

I am from India as well. Got into UIUC and U Wash. Rejected from UCLA and UT Austin. Got the unauthorised option when clicking the withdraw application tab.

what does this even mean

what is that mean?

If the source code is actually the same, the logic determining which message to use would have to be in the frontend somewhere. Actually pulling that info would allow someone to determine their admissions status. (TL;DR for the source code to be the same, applicant status would have to be in the page somewhere)

Of course, this is something the backend (the part we can’t see) would usually deal with. Chances are, the source code isn’t actually the same

1 Like

source code is the programming of the website, and both the “waitlist” and the “acceptance” withdrawal forms say “I will not be coming to UC Berkeley” and something else about an admission deposit

2 Likes

cs majors be like

2 Likes

Ironically I’m a MechE with background in web development

this is berkeley after all :joy: