UC Berkeley Freshman Class of 2026 Discussion

I was shocked to see that, too. I think it’s aimed at the sharing of personal information, but I think we can safely say that some of our children would be mortified if they knew what their parents share here and would probably prefer to have their BFs digging around for potentially helpful information! :crazy_face:

8 Likes

4 posts were split to a new thread: UCB Portal Astrology Discussion

I’ve researched but can find an answer. Does anybody know the timeline of this legislative process and when it would presumably reach Newsom’s desk? Thanks.

I believe both houses need to approve it before it gets to Newsom? I am not that sure about California’s process but it was mentioned in this video at the time it links to.

1 Like

Thanks!
So “possible before end of next week”. That’s promising.

I wish everyone here the very best of luck!!

17 Likes

The legislature handled it as a budget trailer bill and waived a lot of the ordinary process. It cleared both houses today, and the Governor has already signed the bill SB118 to fix the admissions issues at UCB for this year. See Governor’s press release: Governor Newsom Signs Legislation to Ensure Access for Incoming UC Berkeley Students | California Governor

10 Likes
13 Likes

Does this still include the proposed increase for in-state students?

3 Likes

is there a reason why there isn’t a stats thread for those who got in last year or am I just not looking hard enough.

1 Like

http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/t/university-of-california-berkeley-class-of-2025-freshman-decisions-stats-only/

1 Like

I don’t believe it will, as there simply would not be enough funding to maintain that many students without the proposed 82/18 of in-state to intl.

Thankss!! there’s only two comments :frowning:

Yes, for some reason I made the Stats only threads last year for all the UC’s and only a few posts on each. Most of the students posted on the 2025 discussion thread instead. That is why I have been reluctant to start a Stats only this year. I think the information is really helpful for future/prospective applicants but maybe not??

2 Likes

Here is where the admissions posts start in last year’s discussion. A few people post stats with their admission results. 2025 Admission

1 Like

Looks like UCB just confirmed that decisions will be released next Thursday, the 24th.

14 Likes

Did you all see the email from UCB that they no longer have to reduce the number of admissions offers by 5,100? “The change in the law means that we can now go back to our original plans and deliver a similar number of admission offers as previous years.”

Great news!! :tada:

20 Likes

Yes

3 Likes

Much love to UC Berkeley, Gov. Newsom, and the CA legislature for making this happen. :yellow_heart: :blue_heart:

27 Likes

5 more days!

6 Likes