UC Berkeley Freshman Class of 2027 Waitlist/Appeal Thread

My son was also admitted off the wait list (college of engineering). He was notified by email. It sounds like there was a bit of a wave today, congratulations to all admitted! :tada:

3 Likes

Could specify the major in CoE?

congrats!

Congrats!

1 Like

Were any of those that were admitted, admitted under the Fall Program for First Semester (FPF)?

I think FPF does not apply to COE majors? So in my son’s case, no. He is a regular fall admit. It looks like there are other COE majors in this thread as well.

1 Like

Does Berkeley have a place to upload new grades or a LOCI?

Anyone off the waitlist for the college of letters and sciences? Seems like mostly engineering from the people who recently posted

They are not accepting LOCI this year.

When the waitlist first opened, there was a place on the portal to upload new grades, but then it disappeared, so I think it was a mistake. I do not know if anyone has been asked to submit grades, but if they want grades I expect that they would ask.

2 Likes

Has anyone gotten off the waitlist for College of L&S? Perhaps they’re releasing waitlists by specific colleges because it looks like a lot of the waitlists admits are engineering

Are you guys accepting?

I might be wrong, but I think based on other threads that maybe @michele_burnett has a child studying L & S kinds of things. My daughter is a L & S applicant on the waitlist and has not gotten off. Congratulations to those who got updates today! :tada:

1 Like

Yes, she applied under public health. We just got everything in place for Cal Poly SLO so this has definitely caused some chaos…lol. Hopefully more will hear soon!

2 Likes

public health in rouser or L&S

1 Like

Congrats! When my daughter got off the UCSB waitlist last week, the first reaction was not joy like it might have been a month earlier. :joy: She is sticking with UCSD.

1 Like

admitted at around 3:00 PDT today to college of engineering, seems like there was definitely a wave today

2 Likes

Anyone get admitted into L&S from waitlist?

historically, has there been multiple waves or times they have released waitlist decisions, or is it usually just one day

My son just got off the waitlist. I think he will choose UC Berkeley over UCSD.

Weighted GPA: 4.29, unweighted GPA: 3.97

Number of a-g courses taken 9-12th: 27 a-g

Number of UC approved Honors/AP/IB or DE classes: 1 honors, 6 AP’s

Intended Major: Film and Media

Non-local CA resident from large public high school, Bay Area

Not ELC

EC’s: Varsity Baseball, acting, lots of film-related EC’s

Accepted to: UC Berkeley, UCSD, CSULB, CSUN, SF State, Puget Sound, ASU

Waitlisted at: UCD, LMU, UCSC

Rejected at: UCLA, UCI, UCSB

1 Like

The previous 2 years there was more of a trickle of admits vs waves. Each year is different so if there are more open spots after this round of admits, then there could be another wave.

1 Like