UC Berkeley Portal Astrology Discussion 2023

theres just so many factors now… nothing seems to have a good base. i think we should just wait lol 2 DAYS

1 Like

True, but forbidden + student id (SIS) = in (https://bcsweb.is.berkeley.edu/) seems pretty legit.

Are you guys able to access the portal checklist not on the one with the CalNet but the one they sent via email?

Do you guys think an id is needed for waitlisted ppl? It’s not an account, just an id. Maybe Berkeley creates this for them to upload the supplements or something like that? Then this theory may be valid.

where do u go on that link

login using MAP

So is entering credentials on this link going too far?

you shouldn’t be entering any credentials. Just do the login through the auth manager so that your credentials is saved in Cache. Once you do that, the page should automatically login

1 Like

bro y r they releasing the resutl that late

1 Like

what does this mean"

CalNet Authentication Service

You, 123456789, have successfully logged into the Central Authentication Service. However, you are seeing this page because CAS does not know about your target destination and how to get you there. Examine the authentication request again and make sure a target service/application that is authorized and registered with CAS is specified.

You can now enter numerous secure applications without re-entering your CalNet ID and Passphrase.

When you are finished, for security reasons, please log out and exit your web browser.

Same here

Wait what? This is obviously a random id. Did you get unauthorized or forbidden?

Reminder:

Folks, please chill and don’t do anything with your accounts that jeopardizes a potential admit. A few years ago, a bunch of Harvardapplicants figured out a “hack” and ended up getting their admissions rescinded.

Reading the signs is fine but actively trying to access UC systems are not cool and may not be looked at kindly. The admitted events thing last year didn’t have implications for campus IT security, but activating accounts might.

3 Likes

i dont know, actually. Id avoid manually entering the 10 digit ID number anywhere.

1 Like

Yes guys. Don’t use your id to do anything. You see it, then that’s it. If you want to log in anything please use portal email, or we will bring trouble to Berkeley and also ourselves

Maybe this needs to be on auto repeat since we have so many accounts created within the past few hours!

4 Likes

I still feel there is a logic to all this portal astrology.

Almost every school (like University of Washington, SDSU, Cal Poly etc) give every applicant their school based email ID etc. as soon as you apply.
So, UCB might create lot of context in every applicant’s account irrespective of admitted or not.

Pretty sure if you can access https://bcsweb.is.berkeley.edu/ you are good.

You most likely also had Forbidden the last few days. Unless proven otherwise, i think this is it

But according how Berkeley explained, the SIS contains two parts: campus solutions and calcentral. Campus solutions is only for staff but not students, but that’s where we forbidden people found our student id? Is it possible that Berkeley put all applicants into non-student database (which are accidentally put in the same pool as staff) and give each of them an ID? How about those early admits what they see on campus solutions webpage? And also are Berkeley students’ IDs are all in the format similar to “3xxxxxxxxx”?

What counts as accessing, I get this which atp I can’t even tell if its a good or bad sign.