UC Berkeley Portal Astrology Discussion 2023

Any idea if the portal astrology from previous years is still applicable to the portal for the upcoming decisions on Friday?

2 Likes

Was there portal astrology for February admits? I only saw the ones for regular march decisions.

1 Like

This is what I am seeing in the source code of the withdraw form in my portal:

form.conditionalPromptConfig =
[{“field”:“b2227b30-6e6-1699-9986-d830266f5e”,“conditions”:[{“prompts”:[“32205l1f3-10ca-4511-b4ed-6bec33c5d94e”],“condition”:function(form)
{return ((true) || (false));
}},{“prompts”:[“I will not be coming to UC Berkeley and wish to cancel my admission. I understand that the admission deposit is not refundable.”],“condition”:function(form)
{return (false) && (false) && (true);
}},{“prompts”:[“I will not be coming to UC Berkeley and wish to withdraw my application.”],“condition”:function(form)
{return (false) && (true) && (true);
}},{“prompts”:[“===RETIRED Prompts===”],“condition”:function(form)
{return (false);
}},{“prompts”:[“I am no longer interested in attending UC Berkeley and wish to withdraw my application.”],“condition”:function(form)
{return (false) && (true);
}}]}];

Per last years thread, this is supposedly a good sign?

2 Likes

for regents or just admission? If you’re talking about the latter, it’s unlikely you’ll see a sign so soon. There’s more than a month left for decisions.

Admissions. Early admissions are theorized to come out this friday.

ok so how do you access the source code? and what was the portal astrology from last year again?

1 Like

Click on “Withdraw Application” in MAP @ Berkeley, on thay page right click and click view source and look for the code above.

Lol, I am WAY too nervous to click on “Withdraw Application.” I’m too worried I might actually withdraw my application!

3 Likes

Its not a one click withdraw! It just takes you to a form

ahaha dw it asks for a confirmation later. I was so scared too

Mine says “I am no longer interested in attending UC Berkeley and wish to withdraw my application.” I’m unable to access the source code, though. Maybe I should try on Chrome; I’m currently on Safari

I see the same thing so I’m thinking it doesn’t mean anything and everyone has this.

1 Like

same here

I don’t think they will change the source code so soon to make the “Withdraw” option invalid. This could be true in March when the regular admission cycle ends. In that case for rejects the “Withdraw” option may not applicable anymore. For now if you don’t get selected early you are still in the game.

1 Like

makes sense

Has anyone tried registering for the welcome day for admitted students- I heard that was accurate last year.

The Cal Day page seems to be under renovation

i don’t have the source code, is the source code still the same for you?

Wait so how do you check through the withdraw option? I’m kind of confused.

Someone emailed them last year abt it so they know about the issue and probably fixed it this year

1 Like