UC Davis Freshman Class of 2026 Discussion

I’m picturing the head of admissions at Davis seated in an underground bunker, with their finger hovering over a LAUNCH button.
Possibly even reading this forum page.
“Will it be 4:30? 8:30? Friday? Next Week!!?? Muwhahaha!”

13 Likes

Mr./Mrs. UC Davis Admissions Counselor, if you are reading this, I am humbly BEGGING you to release the decision now :sob::sob::sob:

13 Likes

i don’t get it. like is there a downside to telling applicants when decisions come out. would help eliminate a lot of useless pondering and anxiety.

10 Likes

Will decisions be released through email as well? Or just through the portal (today/tomorrow)?

um not sure check both i guess. cause i got into cal poly and haven’t received anything in my email yet.

1 Like

When one of my sons was offered EE admission in 2020, an email came about 45 minutes after the portal was changed to accepted.

4 Likes

Are we all giving up on today?

It could still happen. 4.30 or 5.30 PST

3 Likes

Useless pondering is self-inflicted

4 Likes

Maybe they are worried about server traffic and the site going down.

Did anyone receive this message when they tried to log into their portal?

“An applicant record was not found for you. If you have applied to UC Davis be patient as applications load over time. Try again later.”

I’m not trying to do any portal astrology, just figuring out if I need to contact the office. I know my application went through and I set up my portal back in December.

1 Like

No, it’s working fine for me.

3 Likes

All good for me.

1 Like

My guess is that the system is offline while they load the thousands of admits/rejects/waitlist offers. It’s a lot!

3 Likes

are we still waiting on today :disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

I think if nothing comes by 5pm, all hope is lost for today.

2 Likes

Unless it’s 6 PM, in which case hope springs eternal

8 Likes

Thought it was going to be today for sure! March is the longest month.

12 Likes

I guess that settles it for today then :cry:

4 Likes

Same thing happened with UMich last Friday. All the hopes were high based on past precedent, then nothing. At least we will all know by tomorrow, so that’s something🤷‍♀️

7 Likes