UC Davis Freshman Class of 2026 Waitlist/Appeal Discussion

Congratulations!

Thank you. It would be probably helpful to share the appeal was for a very specific medical reason. Daughter SIRd to a school 2k miles away but now she needs to be closer to home for some follow up doctor’s visits. We live about an hour away from Davis.

2 Likes

@SFareamom Sorry to hear about your daughter’s condition, but really glad everything worked out for your family. Best wishes with the treatment/recovery!

1 Like

Thank you for sharing. I’m glad you’ll have her nearby.

Son’s appeal was denied yesterday. It included new school- and county-wide awards, and two letters of recommendation from current UCD professors. Pretty disappointing, but at least it brings closure on this year’s application process (0 for 6 on UCs; 4 were waitlists; passed on Merced option), and he can start getting amped about San Diego State.

3 Likes

Best of luck to your son and Go Aztecs!!!

1 Like

Just seeing this now. So UCSC did not let my son defer. He had to withdraw and will reapply to UCs for next Fall. He had his heart set on UCD and also needs a bit of a break so hoping to make the most of this year with a part time job and possible overseas program. Also when withdrawing from UCSC, they did not refund the SIR deposit (to be expected) and housing deposit of $150.

On the other hand, my daughter, was granted a deferral from UC Berkeley without any issue. She submitted it on May 1st and heard back 2 weeks later. They just wanted to be sure she was not going to try to get any academic credit at her gap year program.

1 Like

Thank you for the reply. Interesting how each campus handles the deferral process. Best of luck to both.