UC diplomas... all pretty much the same!

<p>The acceptance rate at medical schools is incredibly low across the board. My suspicion is that it has to do a lot with the AMA.</p>

<p>Now, pre-meds and doctors might argue this with me, but... The AMA has essentially cartelized medicine. By determining the rules of a medical school as well as the process of becoming a medical doctor, they can control the flow of doctors. For whatever reason, the AMA has severely limited the numbers, unlike the ABA. </p>

<p>I'm not an expert on the topic, but that's why I think it is.</p>

<p>"don't most medical schools, esp UC's, have like less than 4% acceptance rate anyways?"</p>

<p>hmm i dont know anything about UCLAri's theory, but here's my more simple reasoning:</p>

<p>there aren't enough medical schools in california to accomodate all the pre-med students who want to get into medical school. not only does california have many schools that do a good job preparing MANY students to get into medical schools, but also because of the weather again, many applicants are drawn to going to med school in cali. thus, its a huge supply and demand issue. its like pretending that there are only 3 UCs in california are berkeley, ucla, and ucsd... that would lead to a shortage of UCs to accomodate graduating cali high school seniors.</p>

<p>most college grads I know keep their diplomas in a folder, hidden inside a cabinet..</p>

<p>also, the name really doesn't matter. esp. when it comes to uc's. distinguishing between uc campuses is like splitting hairs, at the undergrad level at least. at least it's not a cal state. </p>

<p>prestige only matters to those who are ignorant, i mean it's true that many haven't heard of the top LAC's, even though they may provide an education superior to even the top uc's. just because you haven't heard of it, doesn't mean it's not any good, and vica versa. concern yourself more with other factors instead of simply where you got your degree from.</p>

<p>You can't really place too much value on where you get your diploma from. It doesn't matter. It certainly does to a certain degree, but this is mostly based on what your major was, what you actually took from your educational experience, and ultimately, what you actually use what you learned for. It's just an expensive piece of paper. If you define yourself at all by where your diploma is issued then you've already limited yourself to a seriously low point. </p>

<p>I recently graduated from a UC and I've spent time around each of them. The main differences, which I would say make each UC better for the INDIVIDUAL, have to do with the surrounding areas, weather, and the environment in general. This includes the culture of the people in the surrounding area. The problem with people in the US is that they believe a diploma from one school automatically, somehow, translates into an appropriated salary or career. You can go to UC Berkeley and still come out an uncultured, weak communicator, having nothing more than an expensive piece of paper.</p>

<p>Come on.</p>

<p>BTW...does anyone know which office with the UC Regents actually processes the diplomas? I want mine wayyyyy earlier than when (they) are telling me I can get it. Thanks.</p>

<p>The differences are sure significant when it comes to Professional schools....</p>

<p>Check out admitted students to Med, Business, and Law schools.</p>

<p>VT:</p>

<p>You need to look closer. Every UC diploma is signed by the Chancellor of that campus. So look under his/her signature, and the campus name will be there even for UCSF.</p>

<p>
[QUOTE]
Eh, what sort of prestige does Cal have anyway? It's not Harvard.</p>

<p>Don't play this stupid game. UCLA has plenty prestige.

[/QUOTE]

Owned.</p>

<p>They may look the same, but it's what they represent that really matters. A UC diploma means that you have, hopefully, put a lot of work into your education. It's the education that's important, not how the diploma looks.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Nice. Yes, I agree.</p>