UC freshmen contract - weighted 3.0

<p>UC’s require admitted freshmen undergrad to “Maintain at least a weighted 3.0 senior-year GPA in UC-approved courses.”</p>

<p>Does this mean that AP courses would count as an extra point, even though we already gotten our 8 bonus honors points?</p>

<p>no answer sorry, but i just wanna say i saw the title of your thread and thought, thats a really good question. (and whenever i ask a question and noone answers i wonder if its a stupid question suddenly)</p>

<p>i would assume you get the weights though. after all, if you already used up you 8 points, then theyd be essentially punishing you for having more difficult coursework in earlier years. that doesnt seem right.</p>

<p>Unweighted. Number of points you have doesn’t matter.</p>

<p>so you’re saying: regardless of the 8 bonus honors points, we still are getting extra points for AP classes towards our senior weighted gpa?</p>

<p>i would assume you would, but like thiscouldbeheavn said, i wasnt aware that it said weighted. i was on the pretense that it was unweighted</p>

<p>yah yohobroncos, i thought it was unweighted, until i read a thread about ucb and ucla having different freshmen contract gpa’s.
Then i got curious to find out the gpa for the rest of the uc’s.</p>

<p>So I pretty much said the exact opposite of how you read it.</p>

<p>its the grades you get at the end of the semester, not your cumulative HS gpa. </p>

<p>no max on how many bonus points you get towards your semester gpa</p>