UC Irvine Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

nothing
4.00/4.92/4.33
15 ap classes

Could you please post stats for engineering?

No sure what you are asking But each class credit vary so between 3-5 for one class per quarter.

You can apply for the Honors program later as a current UCI student if you meet the criteria.

Current UCI students may also apply to the Campuswide Honors Collegium after completion of at least one quarter at UCI with 12 or more graded units and a grade point average of 3.5 or better. The application is available via the Campuswide Honors Collegium website.

1 Like

I was wondering if the “campuswide” honors program uses the same threshold for everyone, or whether it’s done on a school-by-school basis.
In other words, is it more difficult to get CHP for a more competitive school like engineering, or is CHP determined by the admissions committee independent of the school that your child applied to? Thanks

1 Like

I asked because UCI says if you can switch to cs if you have less than 90 units. I thought you cannot take too many courses if you want to transfer to cs? Why is that?

According to the Campuswide Honors College brochure, approximately 3% or 1000 students are in the program. Campuswide Honors Brochure

Priority registration is one of the top perks of the honors program. The order in which groups receive registration times is: Enrollment Windows

1. Disabled*
  2. Academic Programs*
    • Regent Scholars*
    • Campus Wide Honors Program (CHP)*
    • Summer Bridge*
  1. Athletes*
  2. Military*
    • Veterans*
    • Active duty*
    • Reservists*
    • Air Force Reserve Officer Training (UCLA ROTC)*
  1. Foster Youth/Former Foster Youth*

Graduate/Limited
Seniors
Juniors
Sophomores
Freshmen

1 Like

My son did not fill out the scholarship application and he got both honors and regents.

1 Like

if we didn’t get UCI early, is there any hope for schools like Berkeley or UCLA?

4 Likes

@whippymop When I was applying I didn’t get anything special from all the UCs but was eventually admitted to UCLA. The campuses are fairly independent so not getting into one doesn’t necessarily mean you won’t get into another. Also regents is for the very top of the applicant pool. The vast majority of applicants at Cal and UCLA will not get regents, even at “lower” UCs.

2 Likes

I see! I guess I’ll hold out hope for cal now :).

Thx for sharing! Did you mean you didn’t get admitted to other UCs but just UCLA when you applied? Was it in recent years?

Plenty of people get into many of them without getting in early to any of them.

2 Likes

Has anyone heard anything accepts/declines for the Claire Trevor School of the Arts? In particular Drama?

Is there a decision thread yet?

Most schools set a unit limit for students to switch majors. 90 units is Junior level status and they do not want higher unit students changing majors which prolongs their time at the University. If he wants to switch, the sooner the better. I did notice that some of the Data science courses overlap with the CS required courses to change majors so he should be able to switch majors within a few quarters. Just be aware he can switch majors if room is available even if he meets all the requirements.

Did anyone get accepted into the nursing program for the early releases?

I saw a nursing regents acceptance on Reddit A2C UCI

2 Likes

Are any acceptances being sent today?

No UC’s send decisions on the weekend.