UC Irvine Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

I don’t think anyone received their decisions and UCI tends to release all the applications at the same time.

I got email today from Uci admission
I’m pretty sure it sent to everyone but just wanted to make sure if anybody got this email

Title is UCI Unfiltered: beaches, virtual community, and campus sustainability!

UC Irvine or UC Newport?

If you drive about one mile down University Drive, you’ll be greeted with a sign that says, ‘Welcome to the City of Newport Beach’ — a marker that signifies UCI’s geographical ambiguity. Being an Anteater gives you all the benefits of Irvine (á la, incredibly safe city, shopping centers like Diamond Jamboree, tree-lined suburbs) and the beauty stored in the coast . . .

4 Likes

my son got it

You get these types of emails when you are subscribed to their newsletter. The only and actual indication is your admission letter on your application portal. I believe UCI may release their decision within 2 weeks. Let’s be patient!

Thanks for the informative explanation!

Yup the only and actual indication is your admission letter. Hopefully you guys receive hopeful admission emails from UCI. Let’s be patient!

1 Like

I was wondering how they’ve been doing auditions this year with Covid. My D18 is a dance major at UCLA so she went through all the auditions, traveling everywhere in Jan & Feb. I can’t imagine how much more stressful it must be auditioning through Zoom. It’s so much easier to get a feel for the different programs and faculty in person. Good luck to your daughter!

I don’t think UC Irvine releases all decisions at the same time. In past years, it’s the admittance letters that come first.

1 Like

So in one way at least, the COVID situation has been helpful. Every school’s audition process has been virtual (either live or recorded movements), and she was able to apply to a number of schools – far more than if we had to travel the country to audition in person. Some were extensive in what they wanted, some less so, some are two part. Right now, she has been accepted into the dance programs at Wisconsin, Iowa and UMass, and we are strongly considering Richmond (no audition process - but very good liberal arts school). She is on the dance waitlist at Ohio State.

In California, she applied to UCI (very long live audition via Zoom) and UCLA (short, recorded audition process).

The problem now is visiting. Our original intent was to visit a number of schools last summer, but that went out the window with COVID. We’re flying to the east coast in two weeks to see UMass and Richmond, but we’ll need to see others.

Yes, I suppose it can be easier in some ways. We traveled from SoCal to Connecticut College to audition (great people & experience/accepted). Also went to Portland (or was it Seattle?) for the NC School of the Arts audition (it was the closest location on a date that didn’t conflict - not accepted). Many others like NYU (not accepted) and Alvin Ailey/Fordham (waitlisted) were held in LA so we didn’t have to go far (NYU audition was held at UCLA). She also did UC Irvine (crowded, not a great experience, not accepted) and UCSB (accepted, Regents Scholar). Also applied at Columbia (no audition - waitlisted). She only wanted to be on the coasts so didn’t apply to any in midwest though did look at Michigan. Funny that at the start of the whole process in the Fall UCLA was at the bottom of her list, but the list changes over time and that’s where she ended up and loves it and is very happy there (Covid year aside). It was very hectic during the 2 months of travel and keeping up with schoolwork and missing days back when school was actually in-person!

UCI has an excellent program. Good luck to your daughter! I now have DS21 applying to UCI and others for CS. We’ll be making the trip back east in a couple weeks to visit schools, as we too were unable to see any last Spring Break or summer.

1 Like

My daughter applied to UCI for dance as well. Still waiting on the decision like everyone else. Thank you @Pusheen1 for elaborating on your experiences. I feel like my daughter and I really missed out on something by not being able to travel for auditions. We were really looking forward to it. Hopefully this virtual/recorded audition process will end up working out for her in the end. Good luck to both of your children on their upcoming decisions.

1 Like

Any update on the anticipated notification date for UCI?

I don’t have a good personal point of reference so I’m relying on Ms. Sun’s website. https://■■■■■■■■■■■■/uc-freshman-application-timeline/#decisions

4 Likes

Any updates from the Psych department yet or is it too early? Waiting to hear for my daughter.

Wonder if we heard anything for applicants with no scholarship. My daughter applied for economics - nothing yet.

Only High Stats, Regents scholars and CHP applicants have heard. The majority of the decisions should be rolling out throughout the month.

@Gumbymom, so they don’t come out on one day for RD (no scholarships)?

No, usually rolling but UCI seems to change it up each year.

2 Likes

lol when I click on the withdraw my application it said “ You can no longer withdraw your application. Please review your status updates on your applicant portal.” but I don’t have a status update on that portal.

That seems like a risky move! What if they withdrew it??