UC Irvine Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

See post #17 2/13/20

thank you !!! ur a live saver I see you everywhere on this website!:joy::joy::joy:

^ The joys of being the UC Forum Champion…

2 Likes

@Gumbymom Do you know if the nursing major students have opportunity for the honors program?

@MumofCollegeBound: Yes, Nursing majors can be admitted to CHP.

I never received a confirmation email from the honors college. Is that normal?

@yellowjello: What confirmation are you referring to in your post? Did you apply to the UCI Honors college as a current student?

I received an email from Irvine, and part of was regarding the honors program:

" Take your college experience to the next level as a student in UCI’s Campuswide Honors Collegium. Campuswide Honors students benefit from specialized curriculum, participation in leadership development opportunities, and a strong Honors student community."

I filled out the form, but didn’t receive any email that my response was recorded.

@yellowjello: This sounds like an informational interest form about the program and not an application so no confirmation email would be sent. Only 2 ways to get into CHP. Automatic invite as a Freshman or apply as a Current student.

So new to this College Parent thing :thinking: can someone help me understand why schools send financial aid info to you despite not yet learning of acceptance? Is this common? Thank you : )

Most of the financial aid information sent is general information regarding filing the FASFA by the deadline and scholarship opportunities. A specific and detailed financial aid package will be sent to the admitted students.

I just recieved an email saying my FAFSA is received. That’s just acknowledgement of my submission right, or does it indicate possible acceptance? If not acceptance then in the event I am accepted, then I would then only would I recieve a financial aid package?

@Anxiouscollegestuden: Yes, it only means they received your financial aid documents. If accepted, you will be given a FA package.

1 Like

Yes. We got that, too. Just check your portal to make sure you’re not missing any info they may need.

1 Like

Is it normal to still not have the UC Id to your portal? We have applied to several UCs and only UCLA sent us anything

Check your junk mail. We got most by Dec.

1 Like

I was just wondering of for any of the UCs, they mention your residency if and when you get your admission
My dad lives in cali and is a resident and since I’m under 19, I believe as a dependent I can derive residency from him. ( were both citizens). I’m currently living abroad tho.

I’m not keen on paying OOS state tuition for any of the UCs including irvine, but while I think im a resident, I’m not sure. Would I only be able to ask if and when I get an admission decision

You will submit an SLR (statement of legal of residence) upon enrolling.

• Divorced/ separated parents: You may be able to derive California residence status from a California resident parent if you move to California to live with that parent on or before your 18th birthday. If you begin residing with your California parent after your 18th birthday, you will be treated like any other adult student coming to California to establish residence.

Requirements: Students Age 18-23

In order to meet the University of California residency requirements, undergraduate students between the ages of 18 and 23 must either be:

• Financially dependent on at least one California-resident parent

OR

If you are dependent on a California-resident parent, both you and your parent must be in an [eligible immigration status] and satisfy the “Physical Presence” and “Intent to Remain in California” requirements.

If you are not dependent on a California-resident parent, you must be in an eligible immigration status and satisfy the “Physical Presence,” “Intent to Remain in California,” and “Financial Independence” requirements.

Eligible Immigration Statuses

• U.S. citizens
  • Permanent residents of the U.S. who have been in that status on a continuous basis for at least 366 days immediately prior to the residence determination date (the first day of instruction)
  • Qualifying nonimmigrant visa holders who have been in that status on a continuous basis for at least 366 days immediately prior to the residence determination date (the first day of instruction)

Physical Presence

• You and your parent must be physically present in California on a continuous basis for at least 366 days immediately prior to the residence determination date (the first day of instruction).
  • Residence may not be established in absentia and the prior residence must have been relinquished.
  • You and your parent must be able to demonstrate by clear and convincing evidence that you have been continuously physically present in California.
  • During the 366-day period, you and your parent can be absent from California for a total of six weeks. If you and your parent exceed six weeks of absence, a resident classification will not be granted.

Intent to Remain in California*
You and your parents must establish legal ties to California by acquiring all applicable governmental evidence of intent by the relevant deadlines, and relinquishing ties to your previous place of residence:

• Obtain a California Driver’s License or State Identification card within the first 60 days of arriving in California. Please refer to the UC Residency Policy for each semester’s specific grace period deadlines.
  • Register a vehicle in California (if vehicle is owned and used in California) within the first 60 days of arriving in California. Please refer to the UC Residency Policy for each semester’s specific grace period deadlines.
  • Register to vote in California (if registered to vote in previous state of residence) within the first 60 days of arriving in California. Please refer to the UC Residency Policy for each semester’s specific grace period deadlines.
  • File California state income tax returns as a resident or part-year resident on all taxable income earned in or out of the state after arriving in California
  • File out-of-state income tax returns as a nonresident or part-year resident on income earned prior to arriving in California
2 Likes

Thank you. I actually deep dived into this and when I emailed a couple colleges, most said they couldnt tell me but some said I may classify an exemption and ask for residency since I have a permanent address in cali. Some of the CSUs ( SDSU, SJSU AND CSUF) have actually classified me as a Califorbia resident for tuition purposes. If they have, is there a chance for the UCs to as well?

I also read about soemthing called the conduit bill if I’m not wrong? Where someone below the age of 19 could derive residency from a california parent?

1 Like

I just found a screenshot but dont know how to attach it