UC Irvine Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Dependent of a California resident parent (Condit Bill)

A student who is a dependent child of a California resident parent (if the parent has been a resident for more than one year immediately before the residence determination date) may be entitled to a one year conditional resident classification. During this one year conditional resident classification, the student must fulfill the residency requirements by the relevant deadlines in order to qualify for a continued resident classification for subsequent terms.

This was what I had mentioned. Does anyone have experince with such type of residency?

Is your Dad, your only parent or Custodial parent? With whom do you live?

Both my parents are together and married. However, for job reason my dad moved back to the US.
My dad currently lives in Califronia and has lived there since feb 2019, and has a permanent addresses there and has files taxes and eveything… so basically a resident ,
and i currently live with my mom abroad, and will complete high school and my 18th birthday outside the US.

The Condit bill should then cover you until you come to live in California and establish residency. As always confirm with each school as you have done with some of the Cal states.

1 Like

Ok thank you for your help!

I have a general question. Regarding the scholarship application in the UCI portal… are the short answer questions supposed to be like essays or just like point form, as you would do in a resume? Some have to be essays, but others seem too close ended to submit it.

And out of the 11 topics, I feel only 2-4 ( max ) apply to me. Is it really worth it to apply as an incoming freshman? Or would it be easier as a freshman ( assuming I get in and choose to go) when I have more experience and clarity? I know what I want to do in my future, but it’s not solid and the first question got example, asks me what are my goals…to which nothing is really super clear you know?

On top of that, if I don’t get in, that’s a lot of extra work and time down the drain and with major exams around the corner, I dont think I have the time to spend for UCI. I would live to hear your thought on it

For the scholarship application, if there are not specific instructions on how to present your essays or answer the questions, I would do what you feel best to address them. They are looking more for content than style.

Regarding the time involved in filling out the scholarship applications, this is a personal decision and true that you may not get an acceptance at UCI, so it could be for nothing. However, few things are ever guaranteed in life, so if you think that helping your family with college expenses is worth it, then I would fill them out.

3 Likes

Is there a good chance honors decisions will be released tomorrow since last year it was released 2/13 (second thurs in feb & tomorrow is the second thurs in feb)?

Do you know when honors college decisions should come out?

I do not have an exact date but last year it was Feb 13.

1 Like

anyone received email from UCI asking to apply for scholarships?

Yes

I believe all applicants get this email and do not read anything into it.

1 Like

imma send a message here for the notifications😂

Is honors results coming today?

It’s possible but Im not sure. It should be some time this week or next week since it came out around this time last year.

Will they email you about the honors result? Or is it just a portal update?

Portal first then email

On the portal, for scholarships its says
Application Procedures and Requirements:
Application Period: December 21st 2020 – February 28, 2021
Application Deadline: Wednesday, February 28, 2021 11:59 PM

But…feb 28th is a sunday? So it is due on the Wednesday after feb 28th ( march 3rd) or is the day just wrong, but the date correct?