UC Irvine Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

I would go with Sunday, February 28 as the deadline to be safe.

2 Likes

Does anyone know when honors results would come out?

Possibly sometime this week!

Just to make sure, there was no separate application for honors, right?

For Freshman and Transfer applicants, it is an automatic admit based on selection criteria. For current students, there is an application involved.

1 Like

Wait, wasn’t there a simple form to be considered for honors? Not sure if we had to fill it out to be considered though.

UCI sent my son an email a few weeks after he submitted his UC apps. I do remember him having to go into a link and either accept the designation request or fill out some really simple info.

@MommaLue @yellowjello:

From the UCI website:::
Admission to Campuswide Honors for incoming freshmen is by invitation. No additional application beyond the UC Irvine Admissions Application is necessary. Selection is based on your UC Irvine application.

The form that you received and filled out was an information/interest form, not an application for the Honors college.

3 Likes

Do you know approximately how many incoming freshman get invited?

Not sure if we are talking about the same thing, but our email with the UCI net ID had a section with campus wide honors collegium. The link goes to a page titled Honors Collegium Interest Form, but also contained a checkbox to apply. As @MommaLue mentioned, it was a super simple form that contained basic info only.

1 Like

I do not have access to the UCI portal and I am going by what is stated on the website. Again, to me this looks like they are trying to determine which students are interested ( want to be considered) for the Honors program but not truly an application. I am sure there are prospective students that did not fill out the form that will be accepted into CHP and others that did fill out form and will not be accepted. Just my opinion and things change every year so they may have limited capacity this year due to Covid.

1 Like

I am unable to find the number of Students that are accepted into CHP each year but there is around 1000 students in the program so 250 each year which have accepted and enrolled at UCI. I am sure that more students are admitted but not all will attend UCI.

have you received any confirmation email after submitting this form?

I submitted the form and I didnt recieve any email

No confirmation email was received.

are uci regents decisions out

No, they should come out with the CHP decisions.

how do i know if i’m eligible/even applied for CHP?

You are automatically considered for CHP based on your UC application.

http://catalogue.uci.edu/honors/

thank you! and ik this is a uci forum but do you know if the other ucs have similar programs?